Front-End Media Upload

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Front-End Media Upload

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    queenex
    Participant
    Please I've noticed that I am unable to upload media from my computer from the front end course creation. Is there something I am missing. What should I do.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    There seems to be a js error on your site. Please share your site link and admin credentials to check this issue.  
    tonyw
    Participant
    Same problem for me since the update - YouTube iframe embedding not being recognised. I've deactivated all non WPLMS plugins and reverted back to the WPLMS theme from a child theme. Doesn't help. Thanks
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please try using the [iframevideo] shortcode in the text mode of the editor for embedding youtube videos . For example: [iframevideo]..........youtube iframe embeded code here...........[/iframevideo] Please let me know if this helps.
    tonyw
    Participant
    Thanks I've done that already and didn't help. Shall I start a separate thread so as not to confuse things with the original poster? Part of the issue is also when you save a unit then try and edit from the front end it's not updating with the edit.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi @tonyw, Please check js errors in your edit page : https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors If there's any please share a screenshot of it . Please also you please share your site url and admin credentials in a private reply to check this issue at your end . Hi Hi @queenx, Can you please share your screenshot with js errors if any ? Please also you please share your site url and admin credentials in a private reply to check this issue at your end .
    tonyw
    Participant
    I'll sort that out. In the meantime I've noticed that it's adding double sets of quotes around the YouTube link....This is copied from Chrome inspector. What I end up with is an embedded 404 page now. e.g. <iframe src="”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ABC12345”" frameborder="”0″" allowfullscreen="" id="fitvid176815"></iframe> There are no Javascript errors
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay can you please check if this is happening in the text mode of the wp-editor also ? You can also replace the double quotes with single quotes .
    tonyw
    Participant
    Hi Alex it's working OK with the text mode, just not in visual mode. Single quotes in visual mode doesn't make any difference
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes the shortcodes should always be added in the text mode, because in text mode it is safe from html formatting and it is used as it is. Therefore its always recommended to add the shortcode in text mode only.  
    tonyw
    Participant
    I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this...really having no success with making it work in any browser. On further testing, it appears that I can update any unit content from within the front end visual editor, but no changes are saved when using the text editor. I've tried:
    • Disabling all plugins other than WPLMS
    • Clearing cache
    • Disabling Cloudflare
    • Removing any custom code (functions.php and bp-custom.php)
    • Using Script Debug - it didn't fix the issue and the issue is present in Chrome, IE and Firefox. No errors seen, only reporting deprecated versions of some js with these warnings: JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.load() is deprecated and JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.live() is deprecated. However these warnings appear when I load the course description editing page too so are clearly not the problem.
    The site is here: www.systmoneusergroup.co.uk/users/ (this is a test domain) username: wplms password: va9yPmn(s*7aznnjZGf@jf6X I wonder whether the problem may be that I've renamed by WP database table prefix and wp_ is being referenced somewhere in the front end submission code. The issue appears to be unique to the unit creation functionality as I am able to update the overall course description using both visual and text editors from the front end.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I clearly found this working on your setup in the text mode . We always recommends to put shortcodes and html (iframe is also html) content in text mode of the editor . Please check video in private reply below .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    tonyw
    Participant
    Thanks for this Alex. Did you try updating/editing after creation as that seems to be part of the issue. Weird as I've been trying with the text editor and have been unable to get it to update existing presentations.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I edited the existing unit this time and again i did not found any issue with the fornt end video embedding. check video in private reply .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Front-End Media Upload’ is closed to new replies.