Front end Plugin logical behavior

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request Front end Plugin logical behavior

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    eggeno
    Spectator
    Hi, I think the front end plugin should work differently when 'Admin approval for Course' is active. Let me explain! When an instructor creates a new course and 'Admin Approval for Course' is active, the course is on pending review. So far everything is correct! But now, here's what I think it should work in a different way: 1. after that the course is sent for approval, the instructor should not have the ability to change the course again. Only when the course is approved and published, the instructor can edit the course again. 2. Since 'Admin Approval for Course' is active, if the instructor changes a course already approved, such a course should return in pending review or draft. That is, each time a course is changed by his instructor, the course should be back in draft (if 'Admin Approval for Course' is active) What do you think about it? Do not you think that such behavior is more correct? Is it possible to have this change? Is it feasible? Is there a quick workaround to do this? Maybe a filter? Let me know! Best regards
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Thanks for the suggestion. The original implementation for Front end plugin with Admin approval was exactly what you've explained above, however, we got repeated complaints from users that their courses automatically disappear from site when instructors edit them which was the main reason why we had to make this optional. Publish course approval however remains compulsory. This is a really complex issue, because not all the users (majority) want the course to go in auto-draft mode. There are few answers which we need before we change this : When should a course go in approval (draft) stage ? a. When instructor changes course name/description/featured image ? b.  When instructor increases number of seats in course ? Maximum duration of Course ? Course Badge ? Certificate and course instructions, course retakes ... ? c. When instructor adds a new group ? new forum ? d. When instructor adds new unit/quiz to curriculum ?    
    eggeno
    Spectator
    Hi Mr.Vibe thanks for the detailed reply. Actually, I need something much simpler and I hope you can help me to implement it: Whenever an instructor clicks on 'edit course' button, the course must go in draft mode. I have thought of something like this: if ($this->course_id) { put the course in draft mode } ...and insert an alert in the button 'edit course' that says that editing the course will put the course in draft mode. The top would send an e-mail notification to the instructor and administrator also. Is it feasible? I tried to change the code but there is something that escapes me. Could you help me? Thanks in advance Regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Thanks for the suggestion .AS of now this can't be possible  . Moving topic to feature request .We would try adding this feature in upcoming updates of wplms
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Front end Plugin logical behavior’ is closed to new replies.