Functionality for running multi-date courses

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Functionality for running multi-date courses

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Hello I'm not entirely sure Batches is doing what I need, or maybe I've got it set up incorrectly but it's causing me a lot of headaches. I need users to be able to book a course that starts on a future date, even when the course is currently running. So far so good, but here are my issues:
    1. It seems to be entirely random as to whether a user who books on the course is added to the correct BuddyPress group.

2. The length of user subscription also seems to be entirely random, and often changes half way through a course for no apparent reason.

3. The number of students listed as enrolled on a course shows the total number in all batches. I can't separate these numbers out.

4. I can't manage stock by batch, e.g I've got 20 places in Batch 1 and 20 places in Batch 2.

Are these known issues or just my headaches?  

birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Oh and one more thing. Once a batch date has passed, it stays on the drop down list for people to purchase tickets for it. Is there a way of automatically expiring course dates?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    1) If the user purchases the course then the user see the enroll now button on the batch and user can enroll in any batch they want. Other way around this is you add the user to the batch first and then add the batch in the course. 2) When the user is enrolled in the course but she is not enrolled in any batch then she will see the course duration, but after this if she enrolls in a batch then the batch duration overrides the course duration. You can also set that the student must be enrolled in the batch to pursue the course (this setting is present in the course settings.) 3) You can go to batch statistics and see the number of students enrolled. 4) Edit the batch and there is a setting to set the total number of seats in the batch, enable this setting and set the number of seats. 5) You can set the batch end date, so set the batch end date to resolve this.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Thanks for your reply. I'm still just so confused about how Batches works with the rest of the WPLMS. It doesn't seem to make any sense. - At the moment, on the course page, the user can select a batch option from a drop down and then book a course. So they select 'November batch' or 'January batch' and then book on. They can't book until they've selected a batch. Once the November batch has started at the beginning of the month, I want the option to book on it to disappear but I also want to keep the batch so the students booked on can take the course.  If I set the end date on the batch, then the students won't be able to take the course. Is there a way round this? - I've had people book on to a course batch which is supposed to six weeks long. When I look in course admin their subscription duration is completely random (often 1 or 2 weeks) and often expires before the course even starts - where can I set this to be six weeks from the course start date? - If I make a course in the LMS section it asks me for a start date. This displays on the course page and card. But then I make batches with different start dates, the original course start date is obsolete but is still the date shown on the course  page and card. But that makes no sense. How can I make the course page and card default to the next available course start date? - The number of students on the course shows as the total number booked on all course batches. Since there's a limited number of places on each batch, I want the student number to reflect the next batch. Is there a way of setting this? Thank you :)  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    When your batch starts you can make the batch seats full, then the user will not be able to enroll in the batch. ------------ Please make sure you enable the "student must be enrolled in the batch to pursue the course" setting in the course so that the student has to be enrolled in the batch to take the course. Now set the batch start date and batch duration. Now add all the students to the batch and on batch start date you can add the batch to the course. Now all the users will see only batch duration i.e. 6 weeks. But in your case the students are purchasing the course and are being added in the course first, therefore the course duration is set for these students and is not overriding by the batches plugin. This is a bug, so marking this as a bug. Track: https://trello.com/c/anJsxb2J ---------- The batch date will be visible only to batch students when they are logged in. ---------- Only batch members will be visible in batches, but the students from next batch will not be visible its not possible in wplms as of now.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Functionality for running multi-date courses’ is closed to new replies.