GDPR And datamobility

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request GDPR And datamobility

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rpluylaar
    Spectator
    Dear Sirs, According to the new EU GDPR legislation that goes into effect on May 25th we are required in the EU to provide  a means for a user to export his/her own personal data from our e-learning site in a machine-readable format, i.e. let the user export his own data... WPLMS cannot do this currently. Are you going to implement a solution for this? Is there a workaround that we can use? If not then I fear that all European customers will have to make the switch to , for instance, Moodle or any other LMS that supports the GDPR law. Sincerely Ron Pluylaar
    stefan_lachmann
    Spectator
    Dear all, I totally support rpluylaar's view. It is an issue! Peepso currently seems to be the only GDPR complient community and you can find more information on this here: https://www.peepso.com/gdpr/ Now, as WPLMS is working with buddypress, the question is whether all WPLMS data of members is stored in buddypress. Then buddypress needs to find a solution - but this is currently not available. So the question is, whether WPLMS provides an option to replace buddypress with peepso. In case not, a solution needs to be found by the end of next week. Thank you. Regards, Stefan
    stefan_lachmann
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    apothecary
    Participant
    I am very interested in this also... I see Buddypress 3 has now been released, but not mention of GDPR here: https://codex.buddypress.org/releases/version-3-0-0/ But there are GDPR plugins that integrate with BuddyPress. We still need to know what user data and where WPLMS stores it.
    Adashi
    Spectator
    Thanks for raising the GDPR issue. Also awaiting a response from WPLMS on this.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    WPLMS GDPR is exactly the same as that of BuddyPress. Internally WPLMS uses user ID for handing data which is a WP/BP unique Identification number for every user. As of now is not storing any information which is not posted by the user. For example, we're only tracking the information filled in the registration form fields and the custom profile fields. Note that all these fields are manually entered by user and can be removed at any point. The custom profile fields information can be changed by Site administrator and the user himself. Cookies : The only thing which is set in a user's computer is the cookie which identifies the login user. We're not tracking any IP address, country, state, geolocation, rfid, so there is no hidden tracking of data.   Let me know if this clarifies the points. I think it would be best to install this plugin to address the GDPR compliance : https://wordpress.org/plugins/gdpr/  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I've added a notification above for GDPR compliance, thanks.
    stefan_lachmann
    Spectator
    Dear Mr. Vibe, Thanks for the "on-time" feedback. :-) I am using a plugin to manage Buddypress and this works fine. One question still: WPLMS plugins. Quiz, Assessment and Unit Timings, as well as Gradebook, buddydrive files etc.: These probably contain a lot of student information. So, when deleting a user via buddypress, are those information also deleted? And the regulation also asks to be able to export ANY information from a user on request. So, is there a way to download / export the specific data from the buddypress users (like quiz answers, assessments etc.) in a file? Thanks for clarification and best wishes, Stefan
    denizci88
    Spectator
    Hi, I am also following this issue. Best Regards
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘GDPR And datamobility’ is closed to new replies.