GROUP PAGE AND ACTIVITY ISSUES

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting GROUP PAGE AND ACTIVITY ISSUES

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rodrigonunesf
    Participant
    I have come across some issues with Group layouts, in particular group images or avatars (the theme uses the two terms). 1. To make the image appear properly inside the app is impossible – the images get automatically cropped, and the only size of image that gets centered on it would be 130×130 pixels, which looks bad. 2. There’s no way to add the image to the group from outside the app, and it should be consistent with everything else, that is, a simple ‘featured image’ should do. Yet, somehow, just for groups, there is no option. When you go inside app, and click on the settings to the group, you may edit or change the image, but it does not work as intended – the image gets cropped off center, no matter what size you use, and even if you crop it with what seems to be an image ‘edit’ option, whatever you do there does not correspond to the results. I wonder why would this be so if WordPress already has a good way of adding and dealing with images. The forums cannot be added to a group via the edit window in the app, even though there is already a setting when you edit the group to add a forum to it… Another issue is that when you edit the group via the app, the button in the bottom says “Create Group” whereas the group had already been created, and the user is only trying to edit the avatar image, not to create the group again. 3. Is there a way to configure the fonts and icons inside the VibeBP app? For instance, my ‘create course’ button is smaller than the text on it! Ideally, I would like to have my groups look properly, and be functional, as in this site, which is made with the same theme: https://www.rxcourse.com/groups/community/ Yet, the group pages I have and the widgets that can be added to the layout on Elementor are lacking – there’s no way to make a post on the page outside of the app, as we see in the website above. How can I make my groups look proper like that? For instance, in our case, the group members’ image can only be set up one way with a huge square image and the name glued right next to it with no options for the text type, etc… this is unlike the example above. In addition, when I edit the group layout, despite the template I use, there’s always a header I don’t need on top, and I cannot make it full width. Also my instructor profiles have issues with words that appear linked together, such as ’email’ and the email itself. It would be great to learn how to get these components looking right. Thank you again, and looking forward to your help.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . can you please share a screenshot where exactly its showing wrong ? 2 . yes that options isn't available yet since buddypress itself does not provide that option . 3 . yes the forums cannot be added to group yet , we will be adding this in future updates : https://trello.com/c/Lqw5QxI5 4 . You need to make the group layout , we have provided some layouts but not like that actually , you can also use old groups layout we have for that please goto wp-admin-> appearance -> customize -> layouts -> group -> choose the layout . 5 . We can share some css to adjust the group avatar , can you please share the url of your group.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘GROUP PAGE AND ACTIVITY ISSUES’ is closed to new replies.