header showing up differently on pages (repeat or not)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Child Themes header showing up differently on pages (repeat or not)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    spersyn
    Participant
    Hi, I am using 1.9.9.1 with 1.2 modern child theme (will wait 2.0.1 or bug fixes :)).   Anyhow, I realized I had styling isues since I tried on a huge screen (imac 27''), the banner/header background image setup in WPLMS menu is showing up differently depending on pages displayed:
    1. Screenshot #1 and Screenshot #1-1 attached with repeated image are shown on "all courses" directory page, or "members" page
    2. Screenshot #2 attached shows center aligned clean header image on "all intrusctors" or "Groups" or "forums" pages
    I couldn't ralize before, because I did use another laptop with lower resolution than the iMac. Can you please let me know how t fix this, indeed I'd like the first case to look like second screenshot ... Thanks, Stéphane
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please update your theme and all of the plugins to latest version.
    spersyn
    Participant
    done since then got 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 on both original and modern child themes... Still no luck... I don't attache any new image as they just are the same.   Also, I've found out new style issue wiyth 2.0.2 on coursepage under buddypress profile menu links. see attach screenshot.
    sandy
    Apologies for delayed response. Can you please share site url as well as admin credentials to check the issue. ALso make sure theme and plugins are updated to latest version 2.0.6, we have fixed many issues related to styling.
    spersyn
    Participant
    here you go: http://www.ygenu.com - login: justforvibe & password: justforvibe updated to 2.0.6 theme, child theme, and plugins... still there: (again, you can see it on laaaarge screen) attached screenshot of dahshboard profile page check the header image repeated Site is not in production yet... thanks,
    spersyn
    Participant
    up....
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please try uploading an image in "Upload Title Background" in wplms -> header with dimensions more than 1920px X 400px  .
    spersyn
    Participant
    Guys, Just renewed support for the next 6 months, would love if you could have a look using credentials given moe than 2 weeks ago (nobody didn't although was suggested by you), and understand what's the limit here. I may have a too large screen, but most probably I am not the only one. I am not knowledgeable on css and styling, but I beleive it's just a matter of specifying in some way to not repeating the banner if screen is larger than image width, and centering it. Please help. Now i am using default child theme, solved me a lot of issues (like i could finally use the layou feature which wouldn't work on modern theme). Not yet upgraded to 2.0.6.1 (please do not ask me to update to this one. Just let me know how I can fix this banner styling issue within 2.0.6 current install... PS: following will be new credentials with admin rights on private message
    spersyn
    Participant
    please use justforvibe/justforvibe  as login/password credentials to http://www.ygenu.com PS: using image swith dimensions more than 1900x400 didn't make it as per your last recommendation. thanks.
    sandy
    It seems to be coming fine now, can you please check and confirm: http://prntscr.com/acaz8m  
    spersyn
    Participant
    Hi, This screnshot is not relevant to my issue. If you look at my first post, I mentionned:
    1. Screenshot #1 and Screenshot #1-1 attached with repeated image are shown on "all courses" directory page, or "members" page
    2. Screenshot #2 attached shows center aligned clean header image on "all intrusctors" or "Groups" or "forums" pages
    I dond't know if and what changes you have made, but now I have no access anymoe to the custom header option in the page parameteres section when editing pages, nor the same "custom header" option in the WPLMS -> Header menu from admin panel. --> I asked these options to be fixed, not to be disabled ! :) How can I add a header in the "all courses" or members" pages now, and see if this header styling issue is fixed or not? Thanks  for the help ! Stéphane
    spersyn
    Participant
    up..
    sandy
    It looks like you have changed the layout, can you please confirm. I'm unable to see the issues now on your setup.
    spersyn
    Participant
    So in a nutshell, after trying to understand what could have happened that i couldn't realize why i couldn t access anymore to the wplms->header->background image, i have found out this is because the default blankchild theme doesnt not have this option, but only modrn theme has.   What made me confused is that when i switched from modern theme to default theme in 2.0.1, this option still remained. (Thus i really thought you made a change in your last login). Actualy  It's updating to 2.0.6 and now 2.0.7 that fixed what i understand being a small "bug". Now i have read another thread where you had advised css styling to add image background to fill header section (title section) manually.... Which i did. image is still repeated when screen width larger than image width, but i bet i need to try the no-repeat directive in css to fix this definitively. Yet i didn t have time to verify it.    
    sandy
    Thanks for letting us know, Let us know if it still does not help.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘header showing up differently on pages (repeat or not)’ is closed to new replies.