Hiding Courses with Batches

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Hiding Courses with Batches

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    IgnyteGroup
    Spectator
    How do I force users to only see courses that are connected to their batch? I want all other courses to be hidden. For example, I have 3 groups: Patients, Providers, and IT Admin. I only want Patients to be able to see Patient courses, not Provider or IT Admin courses. I have installed and activated the WPLMS Batches plugin. Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    For this there is a setting in the wp-admin->lms->settings->enable batch course visibility switch, refer: http://prntscr.com/e8nrsw
    IgnyteGroup
    Spectator
    I completed this step. But when I sign in as student who is in the Patient Batch, I can still see all other courses. The Patient batch is set up to only have one course in it, "Using CareClix for Patients." But the student can see all other Patient courses, as well as all Provider and IT Admin courses.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I checked this on my test setup and it works fine. Please make sure you are testing as a student (not as an admin) and make sure the student is added in atleast one batch. ------------ Also there is a local setting for every batch, refer: http://prntscr.com/e8zuy0
    IgnyteGroup
    Spectator
    I am signing in as a student who is in the Patient batch. The Patient batch includes 1 course: Using CareClix for Patients. In this account I can still see all other courses. I have enabled the check box "students in batch can only view courses connected to this batch" in the "Manage tab". I have also enabled the "Enable course visibility switch" in the LMS settings. I have also enabled "User Groups"  in the buddypress settings. What should my next steps be?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    All the settings are correct this should work fine. Please try clearing the cache. If the issue persists then please share the site url and the admin credentials to check the issue on your website, also share a test student credentials. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    IgnyteGroup
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the credentials i checked your website and replicated the issue. The issue may be coming due to the incompatibility between the theme and the plugins. Your wplms theme is on 2.4.1 version the plugins are at 2.3 versions and you are using the modern theme 2.1 version. I also noticed that you are not using anything specific of modern theme , so you can also deactivate the modern theme if you want. ---------------- If the issue still persists then we'll need the ftp credentials to check your website and debug the issue.
    IgnyteGroup
    Spectator
    Thanks for looking into this. - How do I go about deactivating the modern theme? - What will change on my site if I deactivate the modern theme? Or do I need to update the theme? - What do I need to do to ensure that the plugin works correctly? Thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    If you want to deactivate the theme then go to appearance->themes and activate the default wplms theme. ------------- Also please update your default theme and plugins to latest version i.e. 2.5.2 For updating please refer: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/auto-updating-wplms/ https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/manually-updating-wplms/ ------------  
    IgnyteGroup
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I checked your website and found out that you have still customized your all courses page, this is not the wplms all courses page in your website. To check our all courses page create a blank page and connect it in the wp-admin->settings->buddypress->pages->course. Then you can check if our setting works or not.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I also noticed that you had disabled the activity stream from the buddypress component which is a required component for wplms to work. Therefore I have enabled it, please do not disable the activity component.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Hiding Courses with Batches’ is closed to new replies.