Home Page Refresh on Login

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Home Page Refresh on Login

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ajacks
    Participant
    Hi Guys, I have tried many solutions but unable to resolve this... I do not even have a caching plugin activated... Say a user browses the website and then subsequently logs in - he only sees pages that have already been downloaded. Post login he has to manually click the refresh button to be served new pages where his login is shown in the top menu (Profile Pic and Dropdown Menu). Does there has to be a cookie that calls for new pages post login - current status leads to poor user experience. Am I doing something wrong? I actually hope so :) Please guide thanks ajacks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ajacks
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well no there is no such special cookie or any code in theme or any of its plugin that can pull off this behavior .This issue is purely related to caching . The fact is that the control never reaches theme or any of its plugin code to verify if the user is logged in or not and page data is served from browser cache or cached page from server is served .
    ajacks
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi checked this out and found this issue is related to caching : browser caching . The issue is that that your home page is being cached in browser and when user jumps on it browser shows that same page it was loaded before . Please check your .htaccess file if you added some code to cache files of your site in browser  .   Also contact webhost on this issue . the issue will appear on any theme you will use.This is not related to wplms theme or any of its plugins at all .
    ajacks
    Participant
    Hi Alex thanks for looking into this I checked with the hosting provider they said it is a development issue since no caching is being used at all...W3 Total Cache is disabled... also it is not about the images and content but about the Login plugin i guess which shows not logged in even after login... Also, your theme takes at least 7 seconds to load for 1 person with no other traffic, on second load due to browser caching it loads in 3-4... if browser caching is completely disabled... then the theme will load in 7 to 8 secs everytime??? Anyways please let me know how you want to proceed thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    this is not a theme issue I repeat ,If you had w3 total cache plugin and you deactivated without clearing cache then please note that caching still persists .to clear cache completely please refer : https://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-delete-uninstall-w3-total-cache-wordpress-plugin.html    Also note that if browser does not send any request to server and show cached page then how will the code executes and show the updated values . the whole page is cached along with images and scripts and styles files .   there are some rules you put in .htaccess file to force the browser caching which you need to check
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Home Page Refresh on Login’ is closed to new replies.