Hosting setup as per traffic

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Hosting setup as per traffic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    MBAbaba
    Participant
    Hey, Can you give me an estimate, how much CPU, RAM, required if one expect traffic in between 50k to 1 lakh per month ? I started with Google cloud hosting, with 2 vCPUs, 4 GB memory machine, which cost me $ 30 per month.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Non logged in traffic can be easily managed as you can cache your entire site and show them static site results. 1. recommend you to use buddypress single page 2. Do not enable caching on the above page 3. number of logged in users, possible bottleneck cases : a. Simultaneous registrations b. Quiz submissions c. Assignment uploads
    MBAbaba
    Participant
    Okay, \ 1. i use buddypress single page. 2. How to "not enable caching of the above page" ? 3. How many users can a: Do registration b: Simultaneously login c: Submit quiz or upload assignment with Google cloud hosting, which has 2 vCPUs, 4 GB memory machine, which cost me $ 30 per month.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    2 . generally caching plugins come up with the setting to exclude the caching on pages . 3 . please tell us the estimate how many users will be there performing these activities at a moment ? a: Do registration b: Simultaneously login c: Submit quiz or upload assignment
    MBAbaba
    Participant
    Okay. I am expecting. a: 30 to 50 to registration at the moment. b: 500 to 1000 can be login simultaneously. c: 50 to 100 submit quiz or assignment.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    a. 50 emails per minute is a standard setting in most VPS servers. So, this should not be an issue. b. 500 logins simultaneous also is not an issue, as mysql usually has 150 connections per second limit [https://tecadmin.net/check-update-max-connections-value-mysql/] and you can enable token for infinite time, so the user does not require to re-login to site. c. Quiz submissions is again as b. based on above the limit is assignment submission now. As assignment size will consume the upload limit. So 100x 2mb (chunk) , you should have 200mb upload limit. This also gets resolved in our amazons s3 plugin update.
    aza_2012
    Participant
    Hi What hosting do you recommend if you have around 100 people connecting to the site. Which hosting company is ideal at a decent price as I am a start up online learning provider. Thanks
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    There is no exact figure i can recommend. Based on user feedback a 4gb ram VPS with good CPU should be enough for version 4. The bottle neck is going to be quiz submissions and it depends on the question sizes as well as we capture the entire quiz snapshot. So if you have 300 question quizzes then datatransfer and ram consumption will increase. The assignment upload issue is resolved in s3, see video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6UXCJn_Mno&t=8s
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    There is no exact figure i can recommend. Based on user feedback a 4gb ram VPS with good CPU should be enough for version 4. The bottle neck is going to be quiz submissions and it depends on the question sizes as well as we capture the entire quiz snapshot. So if you have 300 question quizzes then datatransfer and ram consumption will increase. The assignment upload issue is resolved in s3, see video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6UXCJn_Mno&t=8s
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Hosting setup as per traffic’ is closed to new replies.