How about Scorm compatibility?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues How about Scorm compatibility?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    webtelling
    Participant
    Hello, I'm trying to upload a SCORM file, but It doesn't seems to work: is there a tutorial about it? I tried both a Captivate file (and I can't see anything) and an Articulate file: in this case I received this error message "An error has occured: Error - unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. Press 'OK' to views debug information to send to technical support". I pressed OK, ma no debug information appeared. Both files work perfectly on other platforms like Moodle, so It's not a SCORM configuration issue. Is there any solution? I can try a TinCan file, but do I need a LRS like http://learninglocker.net ? Thanks in advance for your reply. Chiara
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We are working on the scorm compatibility, right now wplms is not compatible with it. It will be helpful if you could share your scorm package with us so that we may boost our work and resolve the scorm compatibility issue as soon as possible.
    webtelling
    Participant
    Hi Latiyan, thanks for your reply :) I'll ask my boss about sharing our scorm package, the decision does not depend on me... Can I ask you how TinCan works? I read on this forum that It needs an external LRS to work properly. Is it right? We are thinking about converting all our scorm files to Tincan, but It's our first time using this kind of format. I'm reading all the documentation in the site but I can't find clear information about this topic. Thanks in advance.   Chiara
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    haroon
    Spectator
    Hello, It was about 9 months ago when you said that you are working on the scorm compatibility, right now wplms is not compatible with it. Can I know if it is compatible now? Also, if not, can you let me know by when it is possible?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry this is not possible in wplms as of now.
    dennishill
    Participant
    I would like to add weight to the debate on SCORM compatibility. I use SCORM to deliver learning, but also to conduct assessment. The question types available within the Storyline software are great with some fantastic options of drag and drop, feedback loops etc. I really love WPLMS, but really need to be able to deliver the package, conduct the assessment, then feed the pass/fail back to WPLMS for module/unit completion. Looking forward to complete SCORM integration.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for the update, we'll try adding these .
    Riko83
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, We are still working on the scorm compatibility but right now its not compatible.
    Riko83
    Spectator
    cdrpgmr
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, For uploading a package in the course please refer this tutorial: https://wplms.io/support/course-templates/
    Money
    Participant
    Hello, I am receiving the same error message when i upload a tin-can file. Please assist. Thank
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well wplms does not have any built in support as of now for scrom of course packages . We are working on it . For the time being please export the package for   simple web platform to embed . by the way from which platform you are exporting your package ?
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘How about Scorm compatibility?’ is closed to new replies.