How can add new user role like parents, and its priviledges ?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues How can add new user role like parents, and its priviledges ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    wplmsmultisite
    Participant
    I need to add a custom user role like "parents", and assigned some priviledges like Parents can see their children (student) courses they have purchased, suggest a course, manage their profile. Can we do that ??
    Diana
    Participant
    @wplmsmultisite To add custom user roles in your site. Please check this article: https://www.cloudways.com/blog/add-custom-user-roles-in-wordpress/
    wplmsmultisite
    Participant
    Thanks for the article, but i already know how to create custom role in wordpress. My query is related to WPLMS. I want to create two role like: parent and training center. The parent can be extended role of student as well as the training center can be extended role of instructor. Privilege for "Parent": create one or more students profile, purchase a course for their student, suggest any course, book a live session of any instructor for student etc. Privilege for "training center": Create one or more instructors, create courses for their perticular instructor, edit their instructor's profile etc. Can we create that type of roles in wplms ?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is not available as of now. This is in our planned features .There will be a separate addon plugin for that .
    webps2
    Spectator
    When do you think this will be ready? This function is crucial for my setup and I can't start working without it.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we have already started working on it.This would require changes in theme architecture and the way we are handling user roles . We would need to provide access to some things for parent user role as well revoke access for some things at the same time .
    webps2
    Spectator
    Great, whats your estimated delivery time. Are we taking weeks or months or even longer?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I would say it will take around 1-2 months to finish up.
    alvinaccount_136
    Spectator
    is there any continuation for this? I am looking how to assign specific role and their use on different role on ajax login.
    Ava
    Yes, it is still under development. As we are still working on it, will appreciate your patience.
    alvinaccount_136
    Spectator
    Do you have the certain date of this feature will come out?
    Ava
    We were working on some  other important project (wplms appointments) . We will start working on parent user role very soon and hopefully it will be available in a month or two.
    emanuelecantoro
    Participant
    Hi, is there any news about this plugin?
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello Download plugin from here: https://wplms.io/downloads/wplms-parent-user/ And if there is any issue , Please create your own topic, Thanks,
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘How can add new user role like parents, and its priviledges ?’ is closed to new replies.