How can I use video as background for homepage

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How can I use video as background for homepage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BAM
    Participant
    I asked this question over in the comments section at themeforest and support said this. "<span style="color: #666666; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 14px;">Edit the page, locate the page builder block, check the background image in parallax block"</span> Unfortunately that is not enough information to guide me correctly. The background image in parallax block does not allow you to place a video in its placeholder. So I am still needing help to understand how to best accomplish this. Thanks  
    sandy
    Seems like we mistook it to a static image. For video, you will need to place layer slider. 1. Create a slider using wp-admin->layer slider and add your video/slides in it. 2. Now create a page or edit the home page and place layer slider in full width column(or any other) and select the layer slider created. Refer this : http://prntscr.com/8w7yyv Let us know if this helps.
    BAM
    Participant
    I played with this for a couple hours there is just not enough information in the response to help me understand the details of how to configure and work smoothly on the front page without also messing up everything else.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please refer the layer slider documentation for this given in the wplms package  for this .
    BAM
    Participant
    Yeah already did it does not address video. I would suggest where you guys have coded the background image in for home page that you make an upgrade that allows either image or video to make this easy. Video is becoming very popular today.
    sandy
    Adding this to issue log. We'll try to add this request in update.
    mr
    Spectator
    Hi..I too am facing the same problem.I'm trying to add a video instead of an image.There is no provision on the layer slide screens to select a video, and the media shows only images and not the videos uploaded. I couldn't find this in the wplms docs nor the layer slider too. I even tried adding a url of the video,which also didn't work. Pls advise.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    @mr : Try using Revolution slider for this. The layer slider documentation and revolution slider documentation is provided in the theme package.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I use video as background for homepage’ is closed to new replies.