How to add switch language button on Single Page ?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues How to add switch language button on Single Page ?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi, how to do that ?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is provided in the wpml core settings : https://prnt.sc/1vfs9hy
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Thank you I did but it only partly switch https://vimeo.com/634537516/fa6f596b5d 1. The hommepage is switched completely 2. The course intro page is partly switched, the titles which were English to start with don't switch 3. In single page, Button is switched, the menus are not
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I can still see the ?lang=vn parameter in your url not vn/panel . Please check if you applied these settings ? : https://prnt.sc/1vfs9hy
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    yes, I did, please check it just randomly shows a mix of Vietnamese and English
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well I checked it out and found that you are using rocket lazy loading of scripts and styles . Well we do not recommend lazy loading scripts since the scripts loads randomly and does not execute in sequence which is required by wplms as of now . So please disable the rocket script lazy load javscript files .However you can lazy load the css files .
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi lazyload is not enabled in my wp-rocket https://vimeo.com/639843783/1096146c65 Yes in your Youtube video about optimization you did not recommend, and I didn't activate it Could you please help me fix this and see if it works ? I have followed different instructions without result. I have installed wpmls 4 for almost a year and this feature still not properly works.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YEs I again checked the issue ,the issue might be appearing due to cache first strategy where menus and the even the html page gets cached and updtaed language goes undetected . To solve this we have disabled cache first strategy in service worker and enabled and also set the login menu again but this is reflecting in english . I guess you have to sync the menu in all language
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I guess you would also need to disable the wp rocket page caching as well in order to fix the issue .
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    please do that for me to see if the problem persists. I have been following your guess for so long already. Every time I tried and it didn't work, you pointed to a different direction, it just keeps going on for months already. I set up wp-admin and wpml on your youtube instructions, now it doesn't work out, if you don't know what went wrong, how can I know ?
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi, I talked with Mr. Vibe. The problem is that - If I switch the language BEFORE logging in, the language will switch - If I switch the language AFTER logging in, the language will stay the same This is confusing to user if they login in first, this should be somehow fixed. However my bigger concerns now are: 1. The continue course button doesn't redirect me to the course to start learning https://vimeo.com/640395326/59443ef9a5 2. At the moment, I haven't translated the units. When I go to edit course in single page, the curriculum is empty (because the units were not translated ?). What is the best way to translate the unit ? - Should I translate by adding the units to WPML basket ? - I found the content display of front end and back end is not always the same as there are more element on front end. Will editing it in WPML via wp-admin create any error or messing up with the layout ? - Will the curriculum automatically recognize and add the units after the translation ?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . for this course : https://elearning.survivalskills.vn/en/course/basic-first-aid/ The course has expired and its not free , there is also no pricing product set , hence the course is shown as private . Setting the course free or setting a course product will fix the issue and user will be able to renew the course . 2 . Well for each translated course you need to set the curriculum manually with translation each unit. My advice would be treating each course in each language as an individual course .The translation of a course would be a brand new course with brand new curriculum that you will set . You can translate but wplms does not generate curriculum automatically reading the units from wpml.
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    1. I translated the course from WPML, so maybe the setting doesn't transfer to the translated course 2. If I translate each unit, there will be a new unit right ? will the layout and feature of the unit mess up ? Can I translate from WPML and add them to curriculum later ? It would be would if it can be done via WPML as I can assign to my staff do that without fearing they click something wrong with curriculumn 3. In WPLMS 3, I can add vimeo video with default subtitle with some code, in WPLMS 4, there's a menu to insert link, can I add some code in the link to force loading the subtitle ?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. & 2 . Well the translated course when translated will have the original units in it. you will need to remove it and build a totally new curriculum with it . If you add curriculum later it will work but user will see original language units in the translated one . 3 . Currently you need to use the iframe embed code from the vimeo video in order to do this .
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Is there any difference for users between using the button to insert link in unit editor vs using the iframe code ?
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • The topic ‘How to add switch language button on Single Page ?’ is closed to new replies.