How to change text from 'Home' to 'About course' in course page menu

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How to change text from 'Home' to 'About course' in course page menu

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    digiexel
    Participant
    I tried to use the approach mentioned in this support thread to change the text from 'Home' to 'About Course' and it worked: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/forums/topic/how-edit-course-menu-text/ The problem that started happening then was that my breadcrumbs' text also changed from Home to About Course, so the user started seeing the breadcrumbs as About Course / Course / Course Name Is there a way to change the name from Home to About Course and not affect the breadcrumbs also? Thanks.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Please let me know if you are using the course tab style layout or a normal course menu.
    digiexel
    Participant
    Normal course menu.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, If you are using the normal course menu, then the "home" on course menu comes from the vibe course module plugin and the "home" in breadcrumbs comes from the wplms theme. You need to translate only the vibe course module plugin and not the wplms theme.
    digiexel
    Participant
    Thanks for your reply, but I have now switched to the tabbed layout because of SEO considerations. Please let me know about the module which I should translate for Home to be converted to 'About Course' in the course menu, but not on the breadcrumbs. Thanks.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, In the case of tab layout both the text "home" comes from the wplms theme, so if you translate it in wplms theme then both will be translated.
    digiexel
    Participant
    So how do I change just one? Any php template in which I can make the change?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Here is a work around for this using custom css. Add the below css in your appearance->customize->custom css: .single-course #buddypress #item-nav .item-list-tabs ul li#home a {     visibility:hidden; } .single-course #buddypress #item-nav .item-list-tabs ul li#home a:before {     content:'About Course';     visibility:visible; } In this css change the text "About Course" according to your requirements.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change text from 'Home' to 'About course' in course page menu’ is closed to new replies.