How to connect teachers to students

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues How to connect teachers to students

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    My website will be used at school. I have more than 100,000 unique visitors per month. My new website, now testing and active at metmeestergijs.nl should eventually be hosting thousand(s of) classes and their teachers. How can I set this up? I want teachers to see the scores of their students. Nothing elkse, no rights to create content or change or delete. I want these students and their teacher to be in private (if possible) groups. Could you tell me how to, step by step, set this up? Thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    course private group already available.Just enable groups from wp-admin -> settings -> buddypress -> components . Then you will see an option components in course .edit/creation page .   To see scores of quizzes there is only one way that I mentioned above .Add user as instructor of course or co -author of course .    
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    But that's a very intense operation if I have to do that for every teacher and all 60, eventually almost 100 courses. Plus, I don't want them to have rights to change, add or delete content. There is no smart way around it? A way to this but very efficient and with lower risks of losing content. People will be paying to follow these courses. How can I add authors? Doesn't seem to be a smart plan... Please think with me..
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Plus, let's say I have one class with 20 kids. I have to create a group in every course for this one class. Can't I create one group for this class of 20 kids that can go to every course they want?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the co-author cannot edit the course and its content ,they can only manage the course  . And the options to add remove students and other options can be disabled for instrcutors from wp-admin -> wplms -> course manager : http://prntscr.com/kyizb8    Its not smart plan but this is the only option we have as of now .
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    What does it mean when you say co-authers can only manage the course? What rights do they have?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the co-author(second or third author of course ) can only see the admin option where he can see stats and manage students  in course he wont see the edit course option in course ., refer : http://prntscr.com/kzejpd   Also some of the option like adding student etc can be disabled form wp-admin -> wplms -> course manager .  
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I understand. Thank you. But teachers can only see student results in the course admin. Not available at their own teacher/instructor's profile page?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well no they have to visit the course - admin to see it .  
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Is this something on your to do list? How else can teachers quickly see what their students are doing? They have to click on every course.. Very time consuming.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this has not been planned yet .The main reason is because there is too much server resources taken up to fetch the stats and show them . Therefore this is restricted to course and is not built by all students in instructor dashboard . the kind of stats you are looking for (marks of users in each quiz in each courses instructor created ) will require a heavy query to fetch the stats and might crash the site .   We can try to build this using apis in upcoming wplms on react version which we are planning .  
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    That would be amazing. I have already a few school interested in using my membership for their students in class. First question they ask: Can teachers easily see progress and results of their classmates. With what you guys have available now (on this subject) I have to tell them no. Luckily, you and now I have enough to offer. But it would be an amazing offer for the future. Btw, you could ask users to pay extra to use this server. I know I would..
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    okay thanks we would try to add a quick shortcut to access the scores of all quizzes in all courses of a instructor in wplms . Can we close this topic for now . you can always create a new topic for your queries .
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Sure, you can close this topic. Thanks for thinking with me. Really appreciate it.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘How to connect teachers to students’ is closed to new replies.