How to create different levels of access to courses based on custom field

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How to create different levels of access to courses based on custom field

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    roath
    Spectator
    Hi, My site is a corporate training site where the courses are ALL FREE, but I would like to restrict user access to a group of courses based on the Profession of the user. But the Profession information comes from a custom field in the registration form. Is it feasible to do that? Is it via Memberships plugin? Is it "linkable" to the custom field? Thank you in advance. Regards, Rodrigo
    Diana
    Participant
    @roath, You have to create your courses as a private course. Then you can accomplish this using Batches. In Batches, you can select the users to the courses according to the specialty. When the user added to batches, he will be a part of that course too.
    roath
    Spectator
    Hi Diana, Thanks for the reply. I'll check the Batches tutorials. But is it feasible to automatically assign a user to a specific batch depending on a custom combo box upon registration? For example: is it possible to a user  register on the website as an Engineer (in a custom field combo box with multiple choices created by me - not a text box where he could write anything!) and the system automatically assigns him to the "Engineer batch"? If he'd register himself as an Architect he would be assigned to the "Architect batch". Best regards, Rodrigo  
    Diana
    Participant
    @roath, Right now, it is not available. For this, we have to modify the batches Plugin to add this feature. You can create a feature request
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to create different levels of access to courses based on custom field’ is closed to new replies.