How to create the fastest and lightest WPLMS Website possible

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How to create the fastest and lightest WPLMS Website possible

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Deserter92
    Participant
    Hi team, I have a huge question. I have developed a website with wplms, but even with cache activated, the website is very slow. I think there is too much addon. Is it possible to use wplms without all its plugins ? 1) For instance, if I dont want instructor to be able to create their course on our website, can I disable the front end creator plugin ? 2) Can I design the homepage with html and css ? And not with visual composer ? Can I desactivate the visual composer plugin ? 3) What is the lightest child theme ? 4) finally the real question : what are the minimum vital plugins I must use to run my website with wplms ? I just want : account creation and light management of it, no diffrenciation between accounts (except for admin), course creation in backend, and the fact that users can pay a premium account to shut down the ads starting at the beginning of each video in my courses. Thank you very much for your answer
    Deserter92
    Participant
    I found that there are a lot more files to save now than before..
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    This is very common mis-conception that number of add ons/plugins = server load. Note that WPLMS addons load on-demand. For example , Dashboard plugin would not load anywhere else except on user dashboard, Assignments plugin would not load except on assignments pages, Front end plugin would not load unless user is editing a course, Events would load on events. Answers to your queries. 1. Yes, you can disable WPLMS Front end plugin. However, without a front end plugin it would be difficult to add contents to coruses. How about we give you a 2-3 line code which removes the front end edit functionality for instructors. 2. Yes, you can deactivate Visual composer. In fact it is a very heavy plugin and note that all our demo's are built using our inbuilt page builder not with VC. 3. Blank child theme. All the features displayed in all the themes (except modern), are available in default theme itself. 4. Minimum vital plugins : WPLMS  + BuddyPRess + Vibe course module + Vibe Custom types + Vibe shortcodes, that's it.    
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to create the fastest and lightest WPLMS Website possible’ is closed to new replies.