How to customize register page?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues How to customize register page?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    lendasdab42
    Spectator
    Hi everyone I need help to change my sign-up page. I don't want the field "username",  I only want to have these fields:
    • Password
    • Password confirmation
    • Name
    I also watched some tutorial videos, like this one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ_yvx1xU-I) but have no success. And tried another things with buddypress, but have no success. I've installed the plugin (https://br.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-email-login/) which worked well to allow me login with e-mail instead of username. But the field on registration page still there. I think I need someone helping me to create from scratch (step-by-step, please) a new registration page with the customizations I mentioned above. Thank you very much!
    lendasdab42
    Spectator
    Here is a printscreen of my actual form. And whatregistration form I want to remove Ignore the fact is in portuguese, ok? :)  
    Veronica
    hi, let me clear first thing that this tip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ_yvx1xU-I will work only if you are using custom registration form!!! so first make sure you are using the custom registration form if you are using budddypress one then it is not going to apply there.
    lendasdab42
    Spectator
    Hi Veronica, Thank you for reply. I have no problem with using custom registration forms if you tell me to use them. But, when trying to use them, I face a problem with putting a password and confirmation password field. I can't find these fields to include, just normal input text. Is that possible? To include on custom registration forms, fields for password and password confirmation (with password strength check, if it's possible too)  
    Veronica
    can you please share the screenshot because it never happens!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well please make sure that you have enabled " AUTO GENERATE USERNAME FROM EMAIL  " in the custom registration form settings .
    lendasdab42
    Spectator
    Hi Everyone I replied here a few days ago, with some details how I managed to get working proper. But, after trying edit the comment, all my text gone. It's solved. I remove buddypress register page and created a new one, removed all profile fields and was good.
    lendasdab42
    Spectator
    I have 2 doubts before we close this topic: 1 - Is there a way to add a confirmation password field, because now there's only a password field, but not a second one to confirm password. So, how to add a second field to confirm password with custom registration forms? 2 - After logged in using the custom registration form I still able to access the register page. Ok there's a redirect already configured and it's happening. But if I copy the registration URL and paste it, I can still access the page. I noticed that if I use only the buddypress registration form this not occurs. But all custom configurations gone and that's the reason I prefer the custom registration forms. So, how to avoid the user hit the registration form after logged in?
    Diana
    Participant
    Point 1: You can add the field from wp-admin > Users > Profile fields and then this field to show in your custom registration form Point 2: If custom resgitration form page is connected in wp-admin > WPLMS > Buddypress > Custom Registration Page Then the Buddypress Registration form will be overwritten with your custom registration form Logged In Users will not get the direct link access of register page until and unless someone shares it. So, don't worry about that  
    lendasdab42
    Spectator
    Hi Diana. I already tried these options, Look below, I will show you what's happening in two replies. One for point 1 and next for point 2 (Please ignore the fact my application is in Portuguese on the print screens) About Point 1: On Profile Fields I don't have the options to choose a field type "password" neither "confirmation password" or something like that. And plus, Let's suppose that we managed to workaround the confirmation password field. I didn't see any mechanism to link these standalone field to the main password field and get both working and validating if the value of the second field is matching with the first one. Profile Fields: Trying to add confirmation password field: Profile Fields The fields available was only: Text field, Number, Telephone number, Datepicker, URL, TextArea. Radio buttons, Select multiple, Checkbox, Dropdown.
    lendasdab42
    Spectator
    About point 2: On wp-admin -> WPLMS -> Buddypress I already did this configuration before open this support topic. I Created a new page on wordpress "pages" section called "inscreva-se" to be my page to hold the custom registration form and linked it above as you recommended. On this new page I put the shortcode generated on LMS -> Settings -> Registration Forms (see below): and then I linked the page on WPLMS -> Buddypress And UNLINKED registration pages on wp-admin -> Buddypress -> Pages Because if I keep the same page linked here, the buddypress overwrite my page So, with all these configurations my page shows nice, with all styling, css and other custom classes look: But with this configuration, when the user gets the URL (CTRL+C and CTRL+V) and put on browser after logged in, the page still showing instead of be redirected to home.   And if I activate the wp-admin -> buddypress AND keep activated the WPLMS -> Buddypress Instead of you say me, wplms not overwrite buddypress page. Buddypress overwrite my page, showing this default page. BUT the mechanism to prevent logged users to hit the registration page works! (but my page not)
    Veronica
    hi, in custom registration form we can't add confirm password field.  
    lendasdab42
    Spectator
    Ok Veronica, thanks for reply. About the second point, can you tell me if am I doing something wrong with custom registration forms? To use WPLMS custom registration forms I really have to deactivate the buddypress registration form? (wp-admin -> Buddypress -> Pages -> Register) Because if I don't do that, the buddypress form page overwrite our custom registration form page Is it right, or both options is supposed to co-exist? Doing this way logged users still able to hit the registration page, and I want to prevent this behavior. Is there some PHP code that can check if logged users is hitting the registration page and redirect them to home?
    Veronica
    hi, nope that is not necessary ,they can co-exist ,logged in users cannot hit the registration page , actually you can enable ajax login and registration which will show the register form right there in the login popup
    lendasdab42
    Spectator
    Ok Thanks.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘How to customize register page?’ is closed to new replies.