How to customize vibe-course-module

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues How to customize vibe-course-module

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    talvinder
    Spectator
    Hi I want to customise the plugin vibe-course-module. Specifically the includes/bp-course-activity to customise the content that shows up in buddypress activity. I am afraid that whenever the plugin is updated, the changes will be lost or break. What is the best practice here? How to override the functionality of the above plugin? I am running child theme FYI.
    Mk
    You can override some functionality by using the customizer plugin and changes in customizer will be available always. Please tell us what type of customization you want, so that we could check and reply back to you.
    talvinder
    Spectator
    Hi I want to customise the content that shows up in the activity feed. For example when an assignment is submitted, I want an excerpt of the submission plus link to the assignment to be also posted. I have figured out how to do this but my approach requires directly changing the plugin. Is there a way to create custom functions that will override the functions in plugin and will reside outside of the plugin. So that plugin update doesn't affect the changes.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well there is actually no need to modify the code .All those strings are available for translations . you just need to keep in mind that the number of %s in those strings should remain the same otherwise it will throw php error .   If string has two " %s " then your string should have two ' %s ' . This is to show dynamic values in the string . Also note here that old activities wont be changed as they are already saved in database . These changes will work for new activtities . https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to customize vibe-course-module’ is closed to new replies.