How to disable course sidebar

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How to disable course sidebar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dmit865
    Spectator
    Hi there! Is there a way to disable a course sidebar completely (allowing other areas to take the full space, not just hide it) and is it possible to hide the sidebar for internal course pages only (like /members, /activity, /admin etc) Thanks!
    Diana
    Participant
    @dmit865, Remove the widgets from the sidebar so that nothing will be displayed. Other option is to edit the page and select nothing in the sidebar option. Then save
    Dmit865
    Spectator
    @Diana, Switching sidebars or emptying it won't work: it used by theme to display amount of users enrolled regardless of the sidebar chosen. I need to disable this area completely, so the main area takes 100% of width. Also, I can't choose the blank option for sidebars while editing course and I can't edit the page because there is no course page to my knowledge, it's just a post page.
    Diana
    Participant
    @Dmit865, See, if you are asking about directories like: yoursite.com/members or yoursite.com/activity So, you can change the layout of these directories from wp-admin > Appearance > Customize > layouts > Directory Layout and then save. It has a full width layout option also.
    Dmit865
    Spectator
    No-no, actually I want to change the course layout, making it full-width. I cannot use the Customize Layouts option you mentioned because setting any other layout (theme 10) breaks the theme, see the picture for example. So I'm trying to find a way to remove a sidebar on the course layout, ideally even only on the inner course pages like course/edit, course/admin etc, but the general solution for all course layout would do as well. Note that display:none is not an option as it only hides the sidebar but does not enlarge the main area the way it should. breaks
    Diana
    Participant
    @Dmit865, .single-course div#buddypress .col-md-3 {display:none !important;} .single-course div#buddypress .col-md-9 {width: 100% !important;} Refer: http://prntscr.com/jx1c6v This is the single course page and the layout is arranged according to the HTML written for it. So, it is not possible to share any custom code and change the Layout. You have two ways: 1. Either you can paste the above css code in wp-admin > Appearance > Customize > Custom CSS If this is exactly like the way you want to show the single course page then it's great. Otherwise you have to override the single course page Layout by using Blank Child Theme
    Dmit865
    Spectator
    Gotcha, thanks!
    Diana
    Participant
    @Dmit865, thanks for confirming. Closing the topic
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to disable course sidebar’ is closed to new replies.