How to Duplicate Course and its units/assignment/quizzes

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues How to Duplicate Course and its units/assignment/quizzes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    neuromath
    Spectator
    Hi, Can you advise me on how to duplicate a course, which includes duplicating the units, assignment and quizzes? and also auto-update the linked course in assignment and quizzes? I've used the post duplicator:https://prnt.sc/u8c786 but it doesnt duplicate the units, assignment and quizzes underneath it. The reason is that, all of our courses are similar, and some even have the same assignment and quizzes too. But right now, we have to duplicate assignment and quiz manually, and then change the linked course. Each course can have alot of assignments and quizzes, and duplicating manually requires a lot of work, time and even prone to mistakes. Please advise. Thank you
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hi.. You can simply go to wp-admin->lms->settings->import/export and then set the module ID (course id) and then export all its content. Make sure you do not export the users and user data in this. Now download this csv file and change the course id to a new one and then import it back. Now a new duplicate course will be created in your website.
    neuromath
    Spectator
    But this doesn't duplicate the unit and assignment, right?? It only duplicates the course, which I can already do by using the post duplicator. please read my comments very carefully. I mentioned "includes duplicating the units, assignment and quizzes" In fact, what do you mean "change course id to a new one?" you don't even know the id right? since technically it's not there yet. I'll explain again, what I'm trying to achieve is to: - duplicate the course - duplicate all the units, quiz and assignments linked to it. - auto-update the linked course in assignment and quizzes Hope that's clear now, but if it isn't, please kindly escalate to your teammates. Thank you.
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, Yes it is possible ,please try the Post duplicator plugin . Please note that create individual units assignments and quizzes for your courses . First duplicate the curriculum ( units assignments and quizzes) then the course .
    neuromath
    Spectator
    Hi Jackson, I'm already doing that, as stated previously, please see my earlier comments! I explicitly mentioned "post duplicator"! Oh My God... That's my biggest problem now, because when I have 10 lessons with 20 assignments, I have to duplicate 20 times, and then re-link the duplicated assignment one by one to the correct course. The same for quiz. And if I have 10 courses, I have to do this 400 times!! Please get your other teammates or Alex to take over this issue please.... Each time you take my ticket, I have to keep telling you to read my earlier comments, again and again and again. Wasted so much time! I have endured this for so many tickets, thinking that it's probably just a coincidence, but this never change, (when others took over, they took just one reply to understand everything). Extremely frustrating.
    Veronica
    hi, sorry for this misunderstanding quizzes are not re-usable assignments also have the same limitation in the architecture
    neuromath
    Spectator
    Hi Veronica, I think you're replying to my other issue? This issue is not on the re usability, but on the course duplication. As I understand quiz and assignment are not reusable, I will need to duplicate them each time I create a new course, which is similar in nature. However as this is too much work for the admin, I'm asking your advise if there is any other way I can duplicate course (without post duplicator, since I'm already doing this) and a faster way to duplicate course and also duplicate the units, assignments and quizzes under it, and connect the assignment and quiz to the new course. Imagine this is what is happening now: I have 10 lessons with 20 assignments & 20 quizzes, if I want to create another similar course: - I have to duplicate course - Then duplicate assignment 20 times, and - then re-link the duplicated assignment one by one to the correct course. - Then duplicate The same for quiz 20 times, and - re-link the quiz That's a total of 81 steps. And if I have 10 courses, I have to do this 810 times. Please understand the pain, and help to propose other better way to do this.
    Veronica
    ok I totally understand the same I have searched the forum and found some topics related to your query and found this Yes, it is possible, please try the Post duplicator plugin. Please note that create individual unit assignments and quizzes for your courses. First, duplicate the curriculum (unit assignments and quizzes) then the course. if you want then you can check all these here: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/how-to-duplicate-unit-and-course/https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/same-unit-same-assignment-but-different-courses/ https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/how-to-duplicate-course-with-course-unitsquizzes-and-structure/ let me know if it helps thanks
    neuromath
    Spectator
    Veronica, You didn't read my comments either! How can you totally understand me? I've mentioned many times that I've used "Post Duplicator" So frustrating. That's the problem, right? i have to duplicate many times. I have 10 lessons with 20 assignments & 20 quizzes, if I want to create another similar course: – I have to duplicate course – Then duplicate assignment 20 times, and – then re-link the duplicated assignment one by one to the correct course. – Then duplicate The same for quiz 20 times, and – re-link the quiz That’s a total of 81 steps. And if I have 10 courses, I have to do this 810 times. That's the pain here.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well then please first de-link the course to assignment/quiz you want to duplicate and then duplicate it as many times you want and then link the assignments/quiz . Im sorry there is no short solution available for this right now . this is planned feature in the front end course creator . https://trello.com/c/0gCqitCz
    neuromath
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, We cant delink the course since the course is already an active one (on going) Glad that at least it is already part of the planned feature as this is too painful. For all this trello, how do I subscribe to the notification for the progress? so that I'll receive email/alert when the feature is ready?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you can create account on trello for this and hit the watch button : https://prnt.sc/uh3g40
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘How to Duplicate Course and its units/assignment/quizzes’ is closed to new replies.