How to edit register page

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How to edit register page

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    roychin
    Participant
    Hello, Can you heeeaaaaar me? I've been wondering if you can help me edit my register page. Everytime I click edit in wp, all the visual and text is empty even though there is content on the page. I can't use the visual editor because it automatically redirects me to the home page since I'm already logged on! What should I do?! Also, I would like to remove the e-mail registration confirmation, so users can create their accounts and already start using it! Just an e-mail confirming their credentials! Any help is appreciated! Thank you! :)
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    1) The register page is a budddypress page so you cannot edit it. But there are profile fields which you can control, so go to wp-admin->users->profile fields, now here you can add new fields or delete older fields or edit them which will be reflected in the register page. 2) I guess you want  to auto activate the users, for this you'll have to use some third party plugin for buddypress which disables the activation email and automatically activate the user like : https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-disable-activation/
    roychin
    Participant
    Hey Latiyan, Thanks for the fast reply! I was able to edit the fields in the register page as you instructed. About the plugin, I found an updated version of the one you recommended, here is the link for future reference: https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-disable-activation-reloaded/  Now the users are able to automatically create their accounts. However, I would like to send them a confirmation email with their credentials. Can you guide me through it? Thanks again for everything! (:
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Right now the wplms do not have its own registration form, we use buddypress register page for registering the users. Therefore this is not possible as of now.
    sandy
    Adding to the above what Latiyan told, wordpress saves the encrypted passwords so it does not know the actual password (which is also good from security stand point). So credentials cannot be send in the mails in any form.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How to edit register page’ is closed to new replies.