How to find strings

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues How to find strings

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kosir
    Participant
    Since there are a lot of support requests to find strings I made a short tutorial on how I deal with this problem. If you'll follow this steps you will be able to find a string that you want to translate within seconds and gave devs more free time ;)   First you have to decide what tool you'll use for your translations. I recommenced Loco, but you can go with Codestyle localization or the oldschool way with poedit. Next you need to create all your translation files (if you don't have them already) within wp-content/languages (loco can do this for you). This is how I do it. After you have all your files in the right place, download folder wp-content/languages/ to your computer. Now download Total commander, install it and fall in love with it. On your computer navigate to your folder languages you downloaded before. Now here comes the magic. Press Alt+F7 and you can search all your language files for string you want to translate. Be sure to check "Find text" and enter string you are searching for in the filed that becomes available. Now you know the exact location of all files that contains "create a course". Translate it in your preferred translation plugin/tool and that's it. Note that "*.po" in Search for field. This will limit your search only to .po files so your search results will be easy to read. Enjoy your hassle free translating :)  
    sandy
    Thank you Kosir for the wonderful tutorial.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘How to find strings’ is closed to new replies.