How to force user to fill in profile information

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues How to force user to fill in profile information

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi, At the moment, user can create account directly from signin menu without filling in their personal information. Is that possible to include that in the registration process without asking them to go to profile menu to fill later ? Or redirect them to the profile section the first time they login ? Thank you
    Veronica
    you can do a thing that hide the register from v4 login popup and add custom link to menus and provide link for register page there
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Thank you, please provide an instruction, I have no idea how to do it
    Veronica
    hi first create your custom registration form and add the fields as per your need and use this code:
    add_filter('wplms_buddypress_registration_link','registration_link6');
    function registration_link6($link){
    		return 'registration link here';
    	}
    this code will override the link from where user is creating his account in v4 popup
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    hi you need to add your shortcode in the page create a page like registration add the shortcode there and save then add the page link in the above code and add the code in the wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    1. "create a page like registration add the shortcode there", means I put this code in the new page ? STUDENT_REGISTRATION_FORM [wplms_registration_form name=”student_registration_form” field_meta=1] 2. "then add the page link in the above code", you mean this ? Do I have to replace 'wplms_buddypress_registration_link' with 'student_registration_form' ? add_filter('wplms_buddypress_registration_link','registration_link6'); function registration_link6($link){ return 'registration link here'; } Thank you
    Veronica
    first: yes right second: NO open the page where you have added the custom registration shortcode copy the page URL and add the page URL here in the return section

add_filter('wplms_buddypress_registration_link','registration_link6');
    function registration_link6($link){
    		return 'you custom registration page link here';
    	}

hothaibinh
    Participant
    I did 1 2. what should I do next with this code, where should I copy it to ? add_filter('wplms_buddypress_registration_link','registration_link6'); function registration_link6($link){ return 'you custom registration page link here'; }
    Veronica
    you need to add this in wplms-customizer.php in wplms-customizer plugin
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    I am setting up social login, can this form work together with it ? For example: user register with Facebook or Google, then the first time they login with Facebook there is a form for them to fill in their information.
    Veronica
    hi no this can't happen because this is not a correct user flow to use social login and then use registration form/force user to fill all fields as social login is mostly used for immediate login/registration
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Please leave this topic open for a while I would like to completely fix the plugin bug before adding something news. After that I will let you know the outcome of this fix
    Veronica
    ok
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hi, is there an easier way to add 2 extra fields of Phone number and Name in the default registration panel ? The solution of creating a new form and redirecting the user to it is a bit too much Thank you
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘How to force user to fill in profile information’ is closed to new replies.