How to modify footer social icons to add a network not included by default

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How to modify footer social icons to add a network not included by default

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    antonio.comunix
    Participant
    Hi, currently at https://www.comunixgroup.com/ I got this 3 social networks:   But there is a problem, by default Telegram is not included, so I have to bypass that social network by including the link with the tumblr icon.   Is there any way to manually modify the plugin or awesome icons in order to add a custom image? Thanks.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Telegram's icon is premium, thats why it is not present in our list.Our team added the icon in your media library. Please paste the given below css in wp-admin>appearance>customization>custom css   i.fa.fa-tumblr:before { content:""; } i.fa.fa-tumblr{ background: url('https://www.comunixgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/telegram_128.png'); background-size:contain; width: 20px; height: 20px; margin: -1px -1px; }   PS : Do not remove this icon from your library.
    antonio.comunix
    Participant
    Hi Ray! Thanks for all, works like a charm!! Just one little thing, is there a way to modify the alt attribute of the image?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, For this issue, go to wp-admin>media  click on target image, go to edit more details-update alternative text and click on update button.
    antonio.comunix
    Participant
    Hi, I tried it but I think it's not working because the text shown when you hover over the image is the tittle attribute of the html a property:   Is there any way to change it? Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Remove telegram from caption. Refer : http://prntscr.com/i22b0t  
    antonio.comunix
    Participant
    Hi Ray,   I tried that, removed the caption from image. But the text shown when you hover the telegram image is still tumblr:  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    antonio.comunix
    Participant
    Thanks Ray, worked like a charm!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Welcome!
    btcbros12
    Spectator
    Hey Team, I am also having this issue, is it worth starting another thread?
    Diana
    Participant
    @btcbros12, Just Follow the above steps and if you want to change the alt attribute also then paste the code in wp-admin>wplms>footer>google analytics code with the script tags <script> jQuery(document).ready(function(){ jQuery('.tumblr').attr('title','telegram'); }) </script>
    btcbros12
    Spectator
    Hi Diana,   Thanks. Only one problem.  Icon has not been added to my library as was done above.  Can you do this for me?
    Diana
    Participant
    @btcbros12, Okay, I'll add that. But you need o create your own topic and share your site URL with admin credentials in a private reply
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘How to modify footer social icons to add a network not included by default’ is closed to new replies.