How To Remove Buddypress

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How To Remove Buddypress

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    el_experts
    Spectator
    Hi, Is there any way to remove Buddypress totally from the site? Whenever I try to deactivate Buddypress, the site completely crashes and also logs me out. Even the wp-login becomes not available. Your help pls ! regards  
    logan
    Hi, First of all lemme tell you something, we are using some buddy press functionality in wplms theme. so it has the dependency on buddy-press plugin. if you will deactivate this, It may cause some serious problems as you're saying above 'wp-login is not working.' I suggest you not to deactivate this plugin. If you still want to deactivate the plugin Please follow these steps:
    1. Log into your File Manager.
    2. Navigate to your plugins directory.
    3. In the File Manager, we will navigate to public_html/your-site.com/wp-content/plugins/
    4. Right click on the plugin's folder that you want to disable, and choose rename.
    5. in your file manager right click on buddypress and click rename
    6. Rename the folder to something other than buddypress, such as buddypress_old
    7. That's it! The plugin is now disabled. You can confirm this by logging into your WordPress Dashboard and clicking on plugins.
    fill me in when you need any further assistance. Good Luck.
    el_experts
    Spectator
    Hi, Thanks for your response. I tried deleting the plugin, and the site crashes and becomes un-available even from the admin backend. So, I have retained the Buddypress plugin, but, I have de-selected all the components, and the associated pages. Not an ideal way to do, but, after much trial and error, this seems to be the only workable solution. Regards
    Diana
    Participant
    @el_experts There are various functionalities of BuddyPress which we are using in wplms. So it is just impossible to use wplms without BuddyPress. I guess you don't want that your directory pages should be accessible so you have de-selected those pages.  
    el_experts
    Spectator
    @ diana, Thanks for your message. "I guess you don't want that your directory pages should be accessible so you have de-selected those pages." When you say directory pages, you mean member directory? Yes, I have decided not to show members directory now through BuddyPress. So far, I have not encountered any major issues. I shall revert when I notice something relating to this. regards  
    Diana
    Participant
    @el_experts, To hide members directory you can use this setting which is already present in wplms from wp-admin > WPLMS > buddyPress refer: http://prntscr.com/ln086l
    el_experts
    Spectator
    @diana, Thanks !
    Diana
    Participant
    @el_experts, Thanks for confirming. Closing the topic If you really like our assistance do rate us on themeforest
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How To Remove Buddypress’ is closed to new replies.