How to replace Course Review with custom testimonials?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues How to replace Course Review with custom testimonials?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    myabhyaas
    Participant
    The website in question is: http://www.myabhyaas.in/course/developing-mobile-apps/ I want to remove the bottom Course Review section and replace it with another plugin for Testimonial Slider. Can anyone guide me with it?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    To hide the course reviews form course page there are two methods . 1. First one is to use the child theme . i. Please install and activate  the wplmsblankchildtheme provided in wplms package if you are not using any child theme . ii. Then upload the course-reviews.php file in the attached course-reviews.zip file in your wp-content/themes/wplmsblankchildtheme folder . 2. Second one is hiding it with css :  Please add the given css from wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> custom css : .course_reviews {     display: none; } Now to add your custom testimonials shortcode please add the given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin : add_action('bp_after_course_home_content','add_custom_testimonials'); function add_custom_testimonials(){   global $post;   echo do_shortcode('[testimonial shortcode id="'.$post->ID.'"]');   } In above code " $post->ID " will give you post id and do_shortcode function will execute the testimonial shortcode .
    myabhyaas
    Participant
    Thank you for the reply. I did the removal of course reviews and it worked! I wanted to know which testimonials will the code display? I have installed a testimonials plugin currently on the site. The plugin is Testimonials Wordpress Plugin <span style="color: #000000; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px; background-color: #f7fcfe;">By husamrayan.</span>   Please let me know
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the plugins that you are using it will not show the course specific testimonials (testimonials for the a particular course which should be shown instead of course reviews) . It will show all testimonials on the course page . Please confirm if you still want to got with this ?
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to replace Course Review with custom testimonials?’ is closed to new replies.