How to set up registration forms

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues How to set up registration forms

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Hi, The registration forms don't seem to be working on my site. Just wondering if you could take a look to see if that is the case. If I click on 'register' on the top menu, it takes me to a form. In Admin>LMS I've checked the boxes for the fields I want in the form, but the registration page includes all of the profile fields, not just the ones I checked. Also, it never seems to send me a confirmation email. I've had it send me a confirmation email once. Never worked after that. I have placed a shortcode in the 'register' page, but now it just returns 2 forms on the page. If you could give me some direction, that would be great. Thanks.
    Diana
    Participant
    Please share your credentials with site URL in a private reply so that I can check and share a recording or screenshot for your reference as well
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Ah, I see, so I can't use the Buddypress register page. Ok, so when I use the shortcode, as you can see in your screenshot there are 2 email fields in the form. The one at the top appears to be the Buddypress version, and the one at the bottom must be from WPLMS. I created an account through the form and I put 2 different emails into the 2 fields. I found these things: 1. When I submitted the form, it created an account with the buddypress email. The other email submitted in the WPLMS field disappeared. I can't find it used anywhere in the account. 2. I was not sent an activation email 3. The account was accessible, even though I wasn't sent an activation email, and the user email was listed in the pending signups area in wp-admin. So, is there any use for the WPLMS email field? I've also been having problems with the last 2 points, randomly. In most of my tests I don't get an activation email. Is it something I've done? And I don't seem to need to activate the email to use the account. Any way to fix this? Thanks
    Diana
    Participant
    Activation Email is not working. Please check if other wordpress default emails are working or not and then let me know Check if forgot password email is received at your end or not
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    This weekend, I reinstalled everything - there were so many things going wrong - and I'm still not getting activation emails, even with the new install. Just to let you know. I checked the forgot password link, and an email arrived, so maybe that one is good. Previously I think I was finding that the emails were working fine except for the activation emails. I could probably test other things too, except that now I'm having some trouble with logging in. It may be related. I've created a new ticket to check it out. https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/plugins-not-syncing-with-wp/ I think it may be something to do with settings, though there are a few strange things going on.
    Diana
    Participant
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Diana
    Participant
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Did you use a particular way to send that email? I noticed that it didn't have the recipient name in the subject line, which is unusual. I just thought I'd ask because I do receive the activation emails on occasion, but 9 times out of 10 I don't receive anything
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    That seems its the issue with your from nam eand email :try changing it y using this solution : Please try adding the given code in your wp-admin > plugins > editor > wplms-customizer.php file at the end before “?>” in wplms customizer plugin :
    add_filter('wp_mail_from', 'new_mail_fromqw');

add_filter('wp_mail_from_name', 'new_mail_from_nameqw');

function new_mail_fromqw($old) {

return '[email protected]';

}

function new_mail_from_nameqw($old) {

return 'site name';

}
    The issue with recipient name is an issue as of now with custom registration forms, we are checking this.
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Hi Alex, I've gone looking for the file, but couldn't find it. I had a look through the plugin files and then through the theme files. https://prnt.sc/uoiggg https://prnt.sc/uoikb6 Maybe it's hidden somewhere in the folders, and I could have missed it when I went through them. Could you please be more specific about the location of the file? Thanks!
    Veronica
    hi, you need to install and activate the wplms customizer plugin for version 4 then apply it
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    oh ok. I've installed wplms customizer plugin and I pasted the code given above, in the plugin editor. There was no "?>" on that page so I added it in at the end. I hope it was meant to be printed there.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘How to set up registration forms’ is closed to new replies.