How to setup NOT react quiz in 4.x

Home Forums Legacy Support 4.0 Bugs & Issues How to setup NOT react quiz in 4.x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    As I see the react quiz switch in Lms settings is disappeared. Is this mean that I can not use the stable working NOT REACT quiz method in the new 4.x versions? And only react quizzes are available in the new version?
    Diana
    Participant
    Yes, because the new version is based on react js that's why by default react quizzes are enabled as old quiz will not work here. React Quizzes are also stable, can you please explain here what difficulty you are facing while using react quizzes
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have 2 main problems now with react quizzes, and till minimum, the first is not resolved I can not upgrade to 4.x
    1. The format of the question is broken if you use multiply [fillblank]s in one question. (Sometimes you have the same with one [fillblank] too.) The end of the sentences are lifted, the text is packed in a strange manner. I have already started a topic in this and I'm waiting for a solution. Alex is working on it, I hope he will find the problem soon.

2. The dropdown has the same format problem too, and key function is missing from react quizzes. In old not react quizzes you could define different options to different dropdowns if you have more in one answer in one question. It was very effective to build questions on such a way. The new react quiz does not have this possibilities. If you have more dropdown answers inside one question, You have the same all options for all dropdown menus. There is already a topic in requested feature about this...

Diana
    Participant
    Point 1: If @alex noted this down then it is great. No need to worry then Point 2: Did you created feature request somewhere?
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Point 1. the topic is there: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/react-quiz-question-formatting-broken-again/ still not resolved. Point 2. the topic is there: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/dropdown-multiple-select-option/ somebody else started I just liked it that It would be very useful in react quizzes too.
    Veronica
    hi, for 1... the issue I have shared this with @Alex he will get you to reply there soon for 2... I will share this suggestion with the team thanks for that
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I got a sad answer from Alex! He wrote that it is not possible to solve, so he suggest me to go back to not react quiz... I send him an answer that for me this is not acceptable, for details check the above threat. He wrote also that all HTML like question contents layout will be broken by react quizzes, according to today's processes... What those it means? 1.The react quiz is mainly useless if you are trying to format your question content and you would like to use dropdown or fillblank questions... 2.In 4.x systems you do not have the possibility to change back to that version which was working well... You have a favorite new react technology but you are not prepared yet to solve the problems causing the new process... and in the new 4.x version you forcing the customers to use the not stable react quizzes. I think it is not fair! Especially in my case when I bought the system mainly because of quiz system.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well to make work old quizzes . you will need to revert to 3.9 , Latest theme version 4.0.x will stil work with the old vibe and wplms plugins . After reverting please make sure that you deactivate the wplms plugin and vibebp plugins first and then activate these : vibe course module , vibe customtypes , wplms front end , wplms assignments , vibe shortcodes . refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/reverting-from-4-0-to-3-x/
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Thanks for the advice, but I was clever enough not to upgrade the live system, instead I test the new 4.x system in a test environment. And found there the above problem. Not to upgrade means not to use the new features which are probably working and sounds good. And this will not solve the problem of your bad react system design if you are not able to resolve in it a layout problem with a simple input string handling... Do you hear yourself when somebody asking for a problem to solve, you advise to go back, use the old system instead to resolve the problem in the new one. With this mentality why do you develop new systems???
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    There is another way to do this ,instead of using the custom html you would need to re-write the question without html with texts and line breaks it will work the same with ul and ol
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    In another thread, I have already answered to you, that this method in react quizzes NOT WORKING! If you will try it you will see it! That was the first I have tried, before writing here. Plain text with line breaks including one ore more [fillblank] will result a packed text where line breaks are not taken into account and words after [fillblank] are lifted in a higher row... chaotic display. But if you change your system to correctly display the linebreaks and plain text with [fillblanks] in react quizzes, I would be very very happy.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes I know from the other thread , we working on this one to create the fillblank with atleast line breaks. .
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I'm glad to hear that! I hope you will find a solution soon, at least for this method.
    Veronica
    yes we will try to provide the same asap thanks for pointing this
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Any soulution for react quiz formatting problem, or is any possibility to use NOT REACT QUIZ in 4.x systems?
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘How to setup NOT react quiz in 4.x’ is closed to new replies.