Import 'Exceeding Filesize Limit' w/Small File

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Import 'Exceeding Filesize Limit' w/Small File

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hello, I am trying to import questions into my theme.  When I took this screenshot my upload size limit was 24mb, I've since had my hosting company increase the PHP timeout to 900 seconds and also increase my PHP settings so it shows that I can import 120MB. However, I still get the same error with my 1.37mb file.  This file is 30 questions to import, I've got 9,500 that need to get into the theme.  Can you please tell me what further changes need to be done so I can import properly? It would also be helpful to know the limits of how many questions the software can really handle for the imports.  I know in theory it's hardware/hosting driven but I've found there's always a certain level where software bogs down. Thanks for your help, Me
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Alex, I suspect it's you who will be looking at this.  I have made the credentials the same as before - don't know why a bunch of background design HTML got posted in my last comment.   Anyways, when I download a sample file and then upload it again I see the following error message inside the theme: <div style="outline: 0px; background: #ffffff; display: inline-block; padding: 20px 30px 30px; margin: 30px 0px; border-radius: 2px;"><span style="font-weight: 600;">Warning</span>: checkdate() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in <span style="font-weight: 600;">/home/drewk151/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php</span> on line <span style="font-weight: 600;">5054</span></div>  
    Alex, I've been told you can see the php error file from within Cpanel. Thanks for getting this resolved. Drew
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok I just checked into this and it seems wordpress function wp_insert_post is causing this error with the data parameter . CAn you please try he import by removing the post date in your csv  file : http://prntscr.com/d9y553
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I just tested the import file that you have provided and edited it an try to import three questions from it and did not find any proble with it again . Can you please try importing this file ?
    Alex, I spent all morning on this and below is how I resolved it.  I would strongly suggest you let the developers know this import function is a key feature and it is killing those of us with large courses that are trying to use this theme. Ideally, like with all other database programs I have ever used, I would be able to create an Excel csv file and there would be one row per record, not like the data is structured now. This is much more difficult than it should ever half to be.  That last sentence was one of the greatest understatements of all time. Anyways, for anyone reading this: 1.) Generate an export file out of the theme and download it. *CAUTION* Read steps 2 -7  before you actually do this, if you don't follow the instructions exactly you'll have to start over. 2.) Open the file in Open Office Calc 3.)  When opening the file you have to open it as a 'Unicode (UTF-8)' file with the Language default of 'Default - English (USA)' 4.) Under 'Separated options' click the 'Seperated by' radio button. 5.) Check the 'Comma' box  under the 'Seperated by' button. 6.) Set the 'Text delimiter' to the " symbol. 7.) In 'Other options' check 'Quoted field as text' 8.) Check the rows to make sure the data is being pulled in properly.  It should be and you should be able to open the file properly. 9.) Delete all the data inside that file. 10.) Open the CSV file you created and make sure you do not have an entry for the 'create date' in your data. 11.) Select all of it and use the keyboard shortcut for copy, ctrl+C in Windows. 12. ) In Calc, select Edit >> Paste Special, select 'Unformatted text' and click 'OK' 13.) Save the file 14.) Upload. I've got a pretty good hosting plan and the file upload limit is 120MB - the display inside the import screen is useless.  I was able to do up to 1,000 question imports at once max. Hope this helps, it took me a loooooong time to get this to work.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Thanks for sharing this. Although we never faced the points 2-7 you've mentioned previously because we use Google spreadsheets for generating the csv file. You're absolutely correct about the point number 10, we will add this in our documentation as well.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Import 'Exceeding Filesize Limit' w/Small File’ is closed to new replies.