importing questions through .csv fails

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues importing questions through .csv fails

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Hi,   I have read all the topics and support, even watched the video like 10 times, but I can't seem to import some of my created questions into the site. Could you help me?
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well import file is not properly created ,you have used semicolon instead of commas to separate fields in your csv file . Please simply export a file first from your system then edit it in google spreadsheets and then try importing the question .
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    I opened a downloaded file in excel. Separated commas into different rows. Edited it, and saved it as .csv. Then uploaded that file. Why didn't that work? Why google spreadsheet? Will follow your advice in two hours. Will let you know.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Thanks, it did work. But, I'm still wondering why I can't turn 5 rows into one string (seperated by comma's) in excel itself. To use Google everytime is ridiculous. Right?   Does anyone know how to save xlsx (using colums with 5 rows) into a csv with one-colum rows (text/data seperated by commas) using Excel in Windows 10? Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well that's something related to excel itself .There are some settings need to be done in order to make excel that is a csv file .The issue appears when you edit and save it .Excel does something to the original file format resulting a single row with commas instead of columns .  This is why I asked you to edit in google spreadsheets. This is not related to any of the theme code.
    MeesterGijs
    Spectator
    Thanks for your explanation. One more question and then you can close this ticket. How about more than one sentence? Especially like this: "Turn this sentence into a question: He was playing tennis." So there is one linke of text, an enter and another line of text. How do I get that in an excel cell?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you can create a question with enter and then why not try exporting it and check it . for enter you can use " <br> " html tag .
    hooterbux
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ava
    @hooterbux It is not recommended to reply in someone else's topic for your own privacy matter. Please create new topic, explain your issue and we will provide you the solution.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘importing questions through .csv fails’ is closed to new replies.