Impossible to REGISTER or LOGIN when using other languages (WPML)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Impossible to REGISTER or LOGIN when using other languages (WPML)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thilima
    Spectator
    I´m using WPML to translate all my website From English to Spanish and Brazilian portuguese language. But now I´m facing an issue that I couldn´t solve yet. • 1st ISSUE This (see on image below) Login and Sign up buttons ever redirect my website to default (English) Language. I don´t know how to change to when I´m using Spanish language to be redirected to Register and Login in spanish, like, www.thilima.com.br/es/register I want the same for portuguese language.   • 2nd ISSUE When i´m using the Spanish or Portuguese language for example, thilima.com.br/es or thilima.com.br/pt-br and I try to login with a valid username, I get an 404error, as I see my website is trying to access this link: thilima.com.br/es/wp-login.php or www.thilima.com.br/pt-br/wp-login.php PS1  - If I try to login with the default (english) language selected, all works fine. PS2 - If I use this method(image below), which I don´t wanna use, every thing goes well on LOGIN issue, but Register button still redirecting to English version PS3 - In case you gonna check the issues in my website you will not find any language selector yet, you´ll have to change languages by typing. It´s like that cause I wanna solve all issues before the users can use the multi lang feature.
    a4da
    Spectator
    @thilima i was going to use WPML to have my site in English and Spanish, but haven't yet. Did you ever get and answer or find a resolution to your issues with the Login and Sign up?   Thank you
    sandy
    1. For Login on spanish : Try redirecting the user to the same page, set this in WP admin - LMS - Settings section. 2. The registration page by BuddyPress is not fully compatible with WPML. You'll need to consult with WPML on this. Let me know if they've now added this in the updates, last I checked this was a pending issue in WPML.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    How come the register page is not compatible with WPML?! When will it be? Do you have a workaround for this? I understand it is a buddypress compatibility issue, but since you choose buddypress as part of your core, please help us. I keep wondering how you sell this theme as WPML compatible when the course directory page and the register page is not compatible... these are like core pages :-? It took me a month to get around the course directory page on my multilingual website and now, surprise, my users will be redirected to default language when they want to register.... Please give me some hints!!! asap if possible I'm launching my website now I just realized this issue.... Thanks in advance for your help!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We come up a code fix . Please try adding the given code in your wplms-customizer.php file at the end before " ?> " in wplms customizer plugin : add_filter('wplms_buddypress_registration_link','run_wpml_register_link'); function run_wpml_register_link($link){   $pages_array=get_option('bp-pages');   $id=$pages_array['register'];   if(function_exists('icl_object_id'))       $id = icl_object_id($id, 'page', true); return get_permalink($id);   }
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thanks, this code works great! Perfect, now my french users can register with a clean french page :-) Cheers!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Impossible to REGISTER or LOGIN when using other languages (WPML)’ is closed to new replies.