incorrect course rating on instructor's course archive

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Issue log [Only for Mods] incorrect course rating on instructor's course archive

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    isigma
    Spectator
    I guess all unrated courses are being taken into consideration as zero stars, so the avarage result on the instructor's courses page is incorrect. In my example there is only on 5* rated course and avarage is 3.2
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    You observation is absolutely correct .This is a miss from our side . Thanks for reporting this .We will fix this in the upcoming updates of wplms . Please track the development here : https://trello.com/c/ocTGajni/201-all-unrated-courses-are-being-taken-into-consideration-as-zero-stars-so-the-avarage-result-on-the-instructor-s-courses-page-is-i
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Moving topic to issue log
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Unfortunately this is not true.   The Instructor average rating count is the sum of all the average rating counts of all the courses he has published. note that the averate_rating meta value for any course is only set when a new user posts a review for the course or when the instructor or administrator edits a course review, in both the cases the average rating is re-calculated. So the rating value of stars for instructors is absolutely correct.   The query in question is this : SELECT avg(meta_value) FROM wp_postmeta as m LEFT JOIN wp_posts as p ON p.ID = m.post_id WHERE p.post_author = XX AND p.post_status = 'publish' AND p.post_type = 'course' AND m.meta_key = 'average_rating' XX is the author ID.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Verified. Resolved.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘incorrect course rating on instructor's course archive’ is closed to new replies.