Individual instructor support to individual student.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Individual instructor support to individual student.

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dimitris73
    Participant
    Hello. The project I'm working is mainly about individual instructors supporting individual students on a project they have. For example, a student may have a thesis he has to complete and he wants the guidance of an instructor. Instead of emailing each other, we want a forum-like layout where they can have their conversation and have attachments with revisions etc. This conversation will only be accessible to these two people. I suppose I could create a forum with those two people, but is there a better way to do this? Ideally, this would be within a custom post type like "Courses" or "Assignments". Also, I can't find a clear explanation in the documentation about the differences between Courses, Quizes, Questions, Assignments etc. Thank you in advance.
    Dimitris73
    Participant
    After some tests, I see that I can use "activities" (within courses) and their comments for this job. They seem to work great. Is there a way to add attachments to "activities" and their comments? Thank you
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... For this exact situation we are developing a chatting feature in wplms, using which course users and instructors can chat with each others. However its not available as of now, it will take time to get released. ----------------- You can use drive feature for sharing attachments with particular student or all course students. ----------------- To explain the difference between courses, units, quizzes, questions, assignments lets take a real world example. Consider there is a school in which you student a Mathematics course. Here school is your website and Mathematics is your course. Now in mathematics there are different chapters that you have to study, these are units. Between class, the teachers can give assignments to complete based on particular chapters, these are assignments in wplms. After the course there is evaluation exam in which different questions are asked based on what you have studied in the course, these are quizzes and the questions comes in the quizzes. Finally you finish the course and the teachers evaluates it. --------------- Hope I clarified your query. Please let me know if this helps.
    Dimitris73
    Participant
    Thank you for clarifying. So then what are "activities" (within courses) and their comments for? Are they for a different functionality than the chatting feature you are developing?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... Within courses there is discussion option where all the users can ask questions http://prntscr.com/fbikoo If you are referring to the course activity area then it is the area where all the activities of the students in a course are saved, and the instructor can use this for sharing course news and announcements for all users in the course. Can you please share the screenshot of the activity area you are referring to ?
    Dimitris73
    Participant
    Thank you for clarifying. 1) Can the course discussion option you mention at http://prntscr.com/fbikoo include attachments? 2) Can there be a similar discussion option on units and assignments? Can they include attachments? 3) Can each course be connected to a bbPress forum that just allows access for the course author and students who purchased the course? Can attachments be added to this with wordpress.org/plugins/gd-bbpress-attachments/ ? Thank you again, you have been very helpful.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... 1) There is no attachments feature in unit discussion but it can be added in our future updates. 2) The discussion feature is already available in units. And you can create upload type assignments where students can upload file in it. 3) Yes you can connect any forum with course and then enable the course forum privacy setting from the lms -> settings, which will allow only the course students to access the forum.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Individual instructor support to individual student.’ is closed to new replies.