Individual Instructors Pages

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Individual Instructors Pages

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hashur
    Participant
    Hello: As for individual instructors pages: 1- For non logged in users, the pages will not load for any instructor. 2- For admin, the pages will load, but get an extra sidebar, the sidebar has, search box, pages, archives, meta, etc ..  The default WordPress widgets in sidebar. Where is the setting to address this ... site:  pdhsource.com Thank You  
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    1. Can you please be more specific about your issue that how can we predict that the non logged in user is instructor or student.

2. On which page you wanna show sidebar for admin?

hashur
    Participant
    1- Any visitor to the site (non logged in) the pages will not load for any instructor (profile page). 2- I don't want any special sidebar, when admin logs to instructor profile pages, an extra sidebar is there.  The default WordPress widgets in sidebar. The stage site you helped with has the same issue and you have the login.   Thank You  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. ok I got it . please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :
    add_action('template_redirect','custom_redirect_to_instructing_courses',1); function custom_redirect_to_instructing_courses(){ if(user_can(bp_displayed_user_id(),'edit_posts') && !bp_is_my_profile()){     wp_die('Please login to continue.'); } }    
    1. that is due to your custom template override .
    please remove the highlighted code from it  refer : http://prntscr.com/kjdati
    hashur
    Participant
    Thank You Alex: When visitors (non logged in) & admins visit the instructors profile pages, they get, please login to continue. Please use the site url:  pdhsource.com same login, not using child theme for now. Thank You  
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    According to your requirement when non logged in users click on instructor profile they will see a page Please login to continue. If i am wrong somewhere then please let us know what you exactly want, who will see the instructor profile.
    hashur
    Participant
    I want things to work as they supposed to. For everyone to see instructors profile without logging in.    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well  Im really confused what you want right now . Can you please share exactly what do you want , who should see who's profile ?
    hashur
    Participant
    again: "I want things to work as they supposed to. For everyone to see instructors profile without logging in." Which part of this do you not understand.
    Second:   I removed the code that you told me to add to the customizer plugin,

add_action('template_redirect','custom_redirect_to_instructing_courses',1);

function custom_redirect_to_instructing_courses(){ if(user_can(bp_displayed_user_id(),'edit_posts') && !bp_is_my_profile()){ wp_die('Please login to continue.');}}
    it works well for admins, but non logged in visitors cannot see the instructors profile, see this when you're not logged in: (the page does not load at all, something is wrong. https://pdhsource.com/members/jpguyerpacbell-net/
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Individual Instructors Pages’ is closed to new replies.