Instructor Message Widget restrict who can be contacted.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Instructor Message Widget restrict who can be contacted.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    We do not use the social networking capability within WPLMS. We only want users to be able to talk to the course tutor. At the moment in the instructor messaging widget below when one clicks the select user group we get Administrator and Tutors. I have worked out the administrator is the administrator of a group we have. We do not want messaging going to this to stop and the widget offers no restrictions on what is listed in the select the user group box. We just want the instructor listed alone. Can you offer some code to fix this? Can you confirm my work round solution:- We have a work around idea which is to delete the only Group we have which would I think (please confirm) remove the administrator from the "Select User Dialogue Box" . Please confirm this would work and would this delete users and there course progress and achievements. This would be the simplest approach as we do not use the group for social networking at all and only want leaners to be able to direct message a tutor.
    Diana
    Participant
    @SuperKev, Then we have private messaging feature in which you can message the instructor and the conversation will be between two https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N8NlfeAdxg
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Thanks for this but off the mark. We want the dashboard messaging widget where we get all our contacts to not list the Admin and only show the tutor/s on the list. Please can you help
    Diana
    Participant
    @SuperKev, I am sorry, but at this point we can't change this. We are busy with 4.0 so I am really sorry One alternative is to uncheck this: http://prntscr.com/soikyf Then you can directly type the name and send the message
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    is this on a list to get fixed after 4
    Diana
    Participant
    In 4.0 you will get everything revamped. But I am not sure whether we are creating this widget or change the functionality
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    big thanks
    Diana
    Participant
    @SuperKev Closing this topic
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Instructor Message Widget restrict who can be contacted.’ is closed to new replies.