Instructor Published Course Notification

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Instructor Published Course Notification

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    buckstraininghub
    Spectator
    Hi My students are not receiving the emails once an instructor publishes a course. Only the Admin team get the emails. Is it possible to send an email to all registered users soon as a new course is published? My instructors at the moment don't need approval from Admin to approve so they go live soon as the click on Go Live. This is the email template i have - https://prnt.sc/mkydzo Should this be the one that sends out notifications to all members that there is a new course published by instructor? Thanks
    Mk
    Issue one : Direct Publish without admin approval : Go to wp-admin -> wplms -> course-manager ->  and select No, Allow publish  Refer : http://prntscr.com/mlfrqv  
    buckstraininghub
    Spectator
    Hi MK, I have already set this on my site. But when the instructor publishes the course. My students or members are not getting a notification to say a new course has been published. What i am after is, if i have a free course with 20 spaces on. I want users to be able to click apply and it automatically adds them to the course without instructor approving their place. I do that with other courses with the application form which is fine. But for free courses its first come first serve. So who ever applies i want it to automatically approve their place. Is this possible? Thanks
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
     My students or members are not getting a notification to say a new course has been published. :  im sorry that is not available as of now . Its not that we cannot build this but this can actually crash the server as there could be so many users on your site and sending emails to all would put a lot of presuure on server causing it to crash .   To add the user to course as soon as they apply without requiring instructor to approve please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :     add_action('wplms_user_course_application',function ($course_id,$user_id){   if(!function_exists('bp_course_add_user_to_course'))     return;   bp_course_add_user_to_course($user_id,$course_id); },10,2);
    buckstraininghub
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mk
    Please add a to do list in wplms mail chimp. We will make it available from next update.
    buckstraininghub
    Spectator
    Sorry MK, what is this got to do with mail chimp? I am looking for a function to auto approve students onto only courses that are set as FREE to automatically approve their place rather than the instructor going in to approve manually. This is not for all courses, just those that are set to FREE on the pricing page when adding a course. The code given above, is just auto approving students on all courses. Can you add a check to see if the course is set as FREE then auto approve, otherwise instructor still needs to manually approve students. Thanks
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Love your Help Forum and support site. Can you tell me what wordpress plugin you use as want to set-up one just like this for our eLeanring products.
    Mk
    I am looking for a function to auto approve students onto only courses that are set as FREE to automatically approve their place rather than the instructor going in to approve manually.
    Sir, Please check following changes are working or not ? First of all remove above given code by  Mr. Alex . Set course as Free in pricing section of edit course. Now you are ready. You don't need any approval to get access of free course. when you click on free course it will automatically approved to you.   please check and reply is it working or not. waiting for response.  
    Mk
    Can you tell me what wordpress plugin you use as want to set-up one just like this for our eLeanring products.
    We don't use any external plugin. The theme and its internal plugins have their own functions.
    buckstraininghub
    Spectator
    Hi MK So i did set my course to FREE But when a student clicks on 'Take This Course' button they get this 'Course Not Available for Subscription' so they are not able to sign up to any free courses https://prnt.sc/mnli5r  
    Mk
    They got this message because . You have set start date to a future date. Take this course is possible if current date is more than start date. that means We have set a limit through start date no one can take this course before start date.   But I think i got your real problem is setting s start date which I think you should not . Just set the max number of seats in your course settings , and make the course as free . This will make your course as you want to : After a particular number of seats user wont be added on clicking on "take this course" button .    
    buckstraininghub
    Spectator
    ah ok thanks for letting me know. I have changed this and now its working fine. Please close ticket. Thank you
    Mk
    Thanks for confirmation. have a good day. I am closing this topic .
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Instructor Published Course Notification’ is closed to new replies.