Is it possible to switch between child themes?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Child Themes Is it possible to switch between child themes?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jsnmrk
    Spectator
    Hi There, I'd like to know if it is possible to switch between different child themes / skins. For example if I set up my website using 'ONE INSTRUCTOR' and charge for my courses based on a subscription plan (as you have it in this demo here: http://themes.vibethemes.com/wplms/skins/oneinstructor/  ) - Is it possible should I wish to to change to paid courses (removing the subscription model and changing to say this here: http://themes.vibethemes.com/wplms/skins/modern/) and visa versa, switching back to the subscription model without having to rebuild any courses or platform things? Please let me know and tell me how easy steps I can do this? Thanks you!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes you can switch to different child themes easily just make sure the child theme and the default wplms theme is present in the wp-content/themes folder. Now in wp-admin->appearance->themes, you can see all the child themes and default theme whenever you want to switch just activate the required child theme and it will be changed. Just make sure of the following things: 1) When you switch child themes, some plugins will get deactivated and some widgets can be removed so you have to activate them and add the widgets again manually. 2) If you have done some customizations in the child theme then it will not be reflected in the new child theme and will remain in the child theme that contains the customizations. 3) You can only have one child theme at a time, like if you have one_instructor child theme today then tomorrow you can change it to modern child theme but at the same time only one will work. 4) No need to worry about the courses and the data, they will not be effected with the change in the child theme only the design of the theme changes not the data.
    jsnmrk
    Spectator
    Thank you for this comprehensive answer! Appreciate the information. :)
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok thanks for confirming, so marking the topic as resolved and closing the topic.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to switch between child themes?’ is closed to new replies.