Issue after update to 3.7 – Header and Page title bar problems

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Issue after update to 3.7 – Header and Page title bar problems

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Trader1981
    Spectator
    Dear WPLMS Team, I updated to WPLMS 3.7 (manually) and somehow some strange issues with the header an site title bar and breadcrumbs appeared. please have a look in the screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nUSIRGKBI0bj8rT47J_Xg4zZCABu0JO1 Issue 1) Breadcrumb on course home page The breadcrumbs on the course home page are white. I cannot target those via CSS. Seems to be a bug. On regular pages there seem to be no issues with this. Issue 2) Instructor name is white The instructor name on the course home page is white. I think there is a way to tackle this with CSS, but it seems to be a bug as well. Issue 3) Top Menu Top Menu, the user name is somehow applied with a line break for longer user names. However, this is not a bug, probably related to my own CSS. I applied some CSS before to apply a background color and to disable the profile picture. I already fiddled around with CSS, find my current code below this message. Can you advise a code that works and hides the profile pic? Apparantly a line break is applied for longer user names. Before the update to 3.7 I didn't have this issue. Issue 4) The Trainer/Instructor on the course home page is surrounded by strange divider bars. Seems to be a bug as well.   My Theme Settings: Header Style: Standard Theme Skin: Minimal I am using the blank child theme.   CSS for topmenu /background color for sign in button top bar/ .topmenu .vbplogin { position: relative; background: #009dd8; padding: 4px 45px; border-radius: 5px; /* somhow this does not get applied */ }   /*hide avatar in top menu, top header */ .topmenu .avatar {display:none;}
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    HI could you please share your site url and admin credentials to check this issue at your end . PS : please share your credentials in private reply .
    Trader1981
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please try adding this given css in your wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> custom css  : .course_header #item-admins h5, #item-admins h5 a{color: #76323f;}  .course_header #item-header-content ul.breadcrumbs li:before{color: #76323f !important;} .course_header #item-header-content ul.breadcrumbs li a{color: #76323f !important;} .single-course .course_header #item-header #item-admins {     border-right: none;     padding-left: 20px; }#headertop .smallimg{ display:inline-block; }      
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, At the same place I also have some style errors after the update:  Screenshot The CSS code you published has unfortunately no significant effect. Are there other alternatives? Thank you for your support.
    Trader1981
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, thanks for the fast reply. Half of the problems are resolved, thanks for that already. The color issues in the Breadcrumbs and Header area are fixed. I also added a border-left: none; as the left divider border was still there. However, the line break for the profile name still exists. When you log in with the account I gave you, you should see the effect right after login. Somehow everything is shown correct, when editing within the customizer !!! Outside of the customizer it still shows wrong. This is my current code which affects the login button. Your code at the bottom. Somehow it does not show the effect as intended. Please advise. /background color for sign in button top bar/ .topmenu .vbplogin { position: relative; background: #009dd8; padding: 2px 6px 2px 6px; border-radius: 5px; border-style: solid; border-color: white; border-width: 2px; } /avoid line break for profile user name in top header/ #headertop .smallimg{ display:inline-block; }   Thanks, Georg
    Trader1981
    Spectator
    sorry for the spam: The ratings next to the stars on the course home page in the header are also wrongly aligned. Before the update the stars were shown, and below the "4 ratings" displayed. Same applies to the send eMail/Contact Instructor buttons. I think they used to sit next to each other. Lots of things got mis-aligned after the recent update. Cheers, Georg
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Your CSS code is working. Only the picture of the trainer is still distorted and the rating breaks down in the wrong position. D0 I need some extra code? Cheers, Michael Screenshot
    Trader1981
    Spectator
    Found a fix for the star rating alignment. I am using this code. I am not a CSS pro, can you confirm that this will work reliably? /fixing alignment issue after update to 3.7 for course star rating/ .single-course #item-meta { display: table; } /fixing alignment issue after update to 3.7 for course star rating/ #item-meta .course-star-rating{ display: block; } Looking forward to the solution for my user profile line break issue.
    Baldamus
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, There is another problem. On the iPad, the subtitles to the trainer's name are no longer completely left justified. I'm worried that we're doing too much tinkering, doing more harm than good. Before the update, these things were all fine. Please fix this quickly. Website: https://kiport.de Screenshot iPad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/djx0bvfpquelnww/IMG_0013.jpg?dl=0
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the css That I provided was for this site : http://prntscr.com/kzscw0     To align your (1 reviews) count please try to add this css :   .single-course #item-meta {     display: grid;     grid-template-columns: 80px 1fr 1fr !important; }     To fix issue with course directory :     #buddypress ul.item-list li a span{     float:inherit; }    
    Trader1981
    Spectator
    Thanks Alex, can you please also advise on this weird line break for the profile name? Screenshot Thanks, Georg
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Trader1981
    Spectator
    Thanks Alex, your code works and the top header issue is resolved. Just reposting code here in case others face the same issue and need input. #headertop .smallimg{ display:inline-block !important; } All my posted issues are resolved now. Thanks for the quick help. Best, Georg <span style="background-color: #e8e8e8; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;"> </span>
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue after update to 3.7 – Header and Page title bar problems’ is closed to new replies.