issue with batches admin

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches issue with batches admin

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    edubravo
    Spectator
    hello, I've set up buy-batches according to your tutorial but i am facing the following issues:
    1. the person who buys and creates the batch get an account automatically and is set to group admin, however he is created as a STUDENT rather than a instructor/ moderator
    2. if this user goes to manage / batches he can change the course and number of seats! this is a big issue.
    I am thinkng i must have made a mistake in configuration. Please help resolve those issues  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... Please refer the tutorial again and you'll see the use case of this feature in it. This is developed so that a particular user can purchase a batch with fixed seats and courses in it. The admin of this batch cannot change the number of seats or the courses, but I have also mentioned some variations in the tutorial. Only the last variation shows that the user can edit the seats and the courses in it. If you do not want your user to edit the seats and the course then they'll not be able to do it.
    edubravo
    Spectator
    I am still having issues with this, as soon as I set a member a batch admin, he has access to the page where he can modify all the settings of the batch, including the number of seats. I am trying to set up a corporate batch, where 1 user is admin and he can invite students to fill the allocated number of seats. thank you
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Can you please share the shortcode that you are using for buy batch ?    
    edubravo
    Spectator
    Hello, I am not using the buy batch shortcode because we offer different pricing based on the number of seats, and this is not possible with the buy-batch shortcode. our process is as follow: 1. the client fills a gravity form that sends us an email with the details of the batch they want to create, the number of seats as well as a CSV file of the students. 2. we manually receive payment. 3. we create an account for the batch admin (instructor) as well as manually create the batch. we then assign the instructor account as an admin to the batch. the issue is that this admin account can now access the batch settings page and change the number of seats, or even add other courses. more importantly, they have access to the add students feature (CSV import and add single student). this would be ok if the seat limit was respected, however, after testing we discovered that this instructor/ admin account can add an unlimited amount of student. the seat limit is not respected.   our use case is really "Corporate Training classes with Mentors" where one admin account is in charge of all the other student in that batch, his capability should only be:
    • edit batch description and text
    • view statistics
    • add additional student (CSV import / single student) up to the set seat limit for the batch
    thank you for your help
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes in this method the admin of the batch can add any course in the batch and also increase the seats, that's why I suggested the buy batch shortcode for you. You can use that shortcode, the pricing is controlled by you in that shortcode also. You can have different pricing for different number of seats, the pricing is calculated by the number of seats selected and the courses selected by the user. Each course seat price is handled by you as mentioned in the buy batch tutorial. Other than all this if you want to take the payment manually then you can create a shortcode for buy batch and purchase it yourself for the same number of seats and the courses selected in it. Now make the other user admin of the batch created from the buy batch shortcode , then also it will work fine.
    edubravo
    Spectator
    hello, thank you for your feedback. the reason we can't use buy-batch is our pricing model, we price seats depending on the quantity of seats requested ie: 2-10 seats = 15$ per seat 11-20 seats = 12$ per seat 21+ seats = 10$ per seat correct me if I am wrong but buy-batch only allows to set 1 price per course. however, thank you for the suggestion of using the shortcode to create the order our self. I will definitely try this out and see if it solves my admin problem.
    edubravo
    Spectator
    Hello, I've tried your solution to create a batch using the buy-batch shortcode and then adding a user as admin. however, the user that is added as admin still has access to the settings page and can change the number of seats, etc..
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Please share the site url and the admin credentials with us, also share a test user and I'll create a batch in your website and make that test user as admin of that batch, then you can check it. Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    edubravo
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    edubravo
    Spectator
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘issue with batches admin’ is closed to new replies.