Issue With Editing Unit

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Issue With Editing Unit

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Hi, When we are editing unit, and hitting the update button, an confirm Navigation popup is visible as shown in http://www.screencast.com/t/RqxN8lRKijy. <span style="line-height: 1.5;">If we click on Leave the page button, then the page refreshes with the updated content. </span><span style="line-height: 1.5;">We have tried in Chrome and Firefox and facing the same issue.</span> Is popup which is being displayed is right ? According to us, this pop should appear only when a user has written something on the page and trying to navigate to some other page without submitting / saving the data on the page. Any help will be appreciated.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This popup appears when there is some ajax call is still need to be processed on the edit page . Can you please confirm if this issue is appearing in the wordpress default posts or pages ?
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    On WP default post and pages this issue is not coming up... This issue is coming only when editing the unit section in the LMS.. It is not coming with editing courses also..
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Is there any kind of video is added on your unit . Sometimes wordpress loads the video from the resource and it takes time and when you goto updating the page it returns this popup. there is some ajax call that does not completing and this popup is appearing . Can you share admin credentials and site url to check this issue at your end ? PS: mark reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    Yes we have added multiple videos on that page. First we added videos from the media library. Now we have replaced those with YouTube videos. The issue is still there. There are 6 videos being displayed via YouTube. Here are our site Admin credentials: URL:  http://www.digital-marketing-training-mumbai.com/wp-admin/ Username: techhelp Password:  I#bNzoTn0&Ti(ss!N0T8i68M Unit Name: M1: Digital Marketing Basics Any help will be appreciated.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This is not a theme issue .You have hosted the videos on youtube , now it will take more time to load the video from an external resource .It would be better if you upload the videos from media library . Also note here that you can ignore this warning as it will not do any harm to your unit content . You can click on the leave page option whenever you update . I will also like you to contact your webhost on this .
    ivanbayross
    Spectator
    This is not a theme issue .You have hosted the videos on youtube , now it will take more time to load the video from an external resource .It would be better if you upload the videos from media library .
    Whether you load videos from media library OR from YouTube this popup is still being displayed. If you check the M2: Value Of Social Media Marketing unit, the videos are all taken from media library. That page also displays the popup on updating. If you check the Dont's of Marketing unit, this unit has only text content. The popup is displayed on that unit as well. Can you explain why the popup is being displayed when there is only content - no images no videos no audio only plain text? I just created and published a default WP page with the 1 video from YouTube. After the page was published, I added some content below the page and clicked update. The page was successfully updated without the popup. So how can this be a server or WordPress issue? Apparently this popup keeps coming on the unit section only. Are other user's not facing this issue? Any help will be appreciated.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I was not able to replicate the issue on your site. Following tests were performed: a. Opened unit M1 ... and updated it. b. Opened unit M2... and updated it. c. Opened a post and updated it, d. Opened another post and updated it. Referring from the above discussion so far and the test results. I am certain this is not a theme related issue. Firstly, because Theme code is same for all units/posts/pages, so if the issue appears in one unit and does not appear in another then there is something in the unit which is causing the issue in the first place. So you should check the content in the unit. Secondly, Theme does not alter WP default behavior. Thirdly, theme code is same for all the users and I am not able to replicate it on our test servers. This is the only instance of someone reporting it. I am not sure what is causing the issue because I was not able to replicate it in the first place. Please note this is a theme support and we're responsible for maintaining the theme related issues, however, in this case the issue very specific and it seems to be specific to the content in the unit or your server configuration, so this is outside the theme support. If you feel that this is a theme related issue, please share steps to replicate this issue.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue With Editing Unit’ is closed to new replies.