Language set but seem not working

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Language set but seem not working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    joaotostes
    Spectator
    Hello guys, my site is configured to brazilian portuguese, I saw inside wp-content/themes/wplms/languages that there are the files called pt_BR (.mo and .po), ok. So, using the site, we have at footer a top button, that I think is generated with a code like that (footer-single.php): <div id="scrolltop"> <i class="icon-arrow-1-up"></i><span><?php _e('top','vibe'); ?></span> So, I see that the word "top" is getting translated by _e, ok. Inside the brazilian portuguese file I saw that we have (vibe-pt_BR.po):

@ vibe

#: footer-bottom.php:7 footer-copyright.php:6 footer-single.php:15 #: footer.php:22 msgid "top" msgstr "topo"   But using the site, the message still showing "TOP", not "TOPO". What I need to do to truly use the translation file?   Thank you so much.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    moving to correct sub-forum: Translations.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Ok, firstly make sure your files are complied, wordpress uses the .mo files. Secondly, check if your trnaslations are in sync.   There is a hierarchy of translation files used in WPLMS. Global : #priority : wp-content/langauges/themes/vibe-es_ES.po/mo Local : wp-content/themes/wplms/languages/vibe-es_ES.po/mo   if global is present then the theme will automatically pick the global translations. We recommend using Loco translate plugin as it takes care of all the things above mentioned. Also check the sticky topics in this forum : https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/translation-guide-by-vibe-themes-support/ Let me know if the issues are not resolved by above tips.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Language set but seem not working’ is closed to new replies.