Leaving unit requires you to answer questions again

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Leaving unit requires you to answer questions again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Hello, The way I have my units set up is text, practice quiz, text, practice quiz, etc. with texts and practice quizzes set up as separate units. So, a student would read the text, go to the next unit and answer questions over the text. However, if a student is answering questions over the text in the practice quiz and needs to go back to the text to look up an answer, their progress is reset when returning to the practice quiz. Is there a way to make the unit save progress so work isn't lost when referring to text? So far our work around is to just open the text in one tab and the practice quiz in another, but this still causes some frustration with our students. Maybe I overlooked a setting that will save the progress? Thanks for your help!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Are you using the practice quiz for this ? The practice quiz is only for practice its answers are not saved anywhere. You can try using the quiz and then enable the in-course quiz feature from lms->settings-> enable in-course quiz. This will open the quiz on a single page inside the course status page like a unit. You can add the whole text in first question followed by series of questions, so the users can see the text and questions on a single page.
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Thank you for your response. I am currently using the in-course quiz for my quizzes and that is working fine. However, for my practice quizzes, I do not need those evaluated as part of the overall course grade, so I don't think setting this up as an in-course quiz will work. I also have nearly 100 practice quizzes and it would very time consuming to convert these to actual quizzes. Is the ability to save progress in practice quizzes a feature I may be able to recommend in a future update? Thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes if the questions should not be evaluated then its better to use a practice quiz only. In wplms right now we do not have any save progress option for practice quiz because these are individual questions added by question shortcode, in whole its not recognized as a quiz. Therefore we do not have any save progress in it, and we cannot add any save progress in it because these are individual questions only.
    pacworks
    Spectator
    That makes since. Is it possible that instead of having a "save progress" button, like the  quizzes, that inputted data for question answers could be cached to the browser temporarily? I know I have seen similar behavior with forms on other websites where if you inputted a bunch of information and accidentally clicked the "back" button and navigated away from the page, your information was still there when you got back to the form. Something like this would work for me, but I'm not sure if the questions being shortcodes will still pose the same problem. If nothing else, it would be nice to have something that could bypass this issue. Maybe having the ability to create a quiz where you could have the option to select whether the quiz grade would count towards the course grade or having some type of option between creating a "Unit" or "Quiz" such as "Unit Activity" or something similar. I am using WPLMS for homeschool curriculum and our curriculum has text lessons, activity lessons, quizzes, and tests. In WPLMS, I have put all of our quizzes and tests under "Quiz", but the lesson activities I have placed as practice quizzes because that seemed like the only option, which seems to work well except for the students having to navigate back to the text to look up answers and return to the practice quiz to find their answers gone. I just wanted to report my dilemma and make my issue known in case the opportunity arises for a resolution in a future update. Thanks for your help!  
    pacworks
    Spectator
    I just had a parent complain that without the ability to save the practice quizzes, a student cannot pull up a specific practice quiz with all answer inputted to briefly study over the questions and answers. They have to be inputted again, which can be pretty time consuming because there are 5 practice quizzes before the main quiz with 20-30 questions per practice quiz. So, a temporary solution like caching the inputted answers to the browser or saving them in the browsers local storage, if that is even possible, would fix the problem going back and forth between text and practice quizzes, but wouldn't work in the long run when a student needs to review the answers and questions later without having to input the answers again.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Please create a feature request for this in our feature request forum, we'll try adding this feature in future updates of wplms.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Leaving unit requires you to answer questions again’ is closed to new replies.