Links in Forum Email Not Working

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Links in Forum Email Not Working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lynnpal
    Spectator
    When a student gets an email from the forum there is a link they can use in the email to quickly connect with the message in the forum. It always says the site is unavailable.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The forum emails are not sent by wplms, its sent by bbpress plugin only, so I am not sure what may be the issue here. Can you please let me know which email is it or share an example of the email here or the screenshot to check.
    lynnpal
    Spectator
    I've attached a screenshot of the email along with the screenshot of what the student got when they clicked on the link. However, when I click on the link it works for me. What's up with that? It's not a matter of just one link, none of the links work for her. And I have had the same issue on occasion. Here is a screenshot of the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zwanslF4t3iPTJOxZO8KS3uUpH1xfreFWgN41xhRX4M/edit?usp=sharing Here is a screenshot of the message she gets when clicking on the link. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bvat0Oq_BiOf6NX1YCyz7PV6wQSXjLFpoBmOk5d7biQ/edit?usp=sharing   Other issues we are having in the forum include in addition to being extremely slow are that students are getting bumped out of the forum and to the home page after posting or comments. Some people are experiencing it intermittently while for others it occurs every time. They have to click back through to get to the forum, quite frustrating. Lots of 504 errors. Also difficulty in replying to a comment.  The text box appears but no flashing cursor that indicates they can type. It is intermittent and they tend to have to leave and re-enter.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Thanks for the screenshots, it seems like the user is not logged in while opening the link and the link is not accessible to the non logged in users. Therefore the 404 error is encountered here. Please try to access the link when you are logged in. ------------- I already checked this issue on your another topic, but unfortunately I am unable to find any reason behind this issue on your website, also we are not able to replicate the same issue on our test setup. It will take time to debug this issue.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Links in Forum Email Not Working’ is closed to new replies.