Loco translate – unable to translate several words

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Loco translate – unable to translate several words

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    MonikaBrzostek
    Participant
    Hello,   I'm setting up a new subdomene and I have troubles translating several elements of website (so far). I've gone through all of the related post I could find. Using the Loco Translate I managed to translate many elements of the website but some parts stay unchanged. Note that:
    • I have already checked all the plug ins and themes in Loco Translate (with every word I check all the possible locations) so this is not the issue.

• the words I am looking for are to be found - for instance CONTINUE COURSE is found under Vibe Course Module plug in. Even though I translate it, it does not show on the website.

• the words "students" is to be found in several places. After translating them all it changes to the goal language in one place but still didn't change at the top of the website (see screenshot)

• I found a thread where someone mentioned to go to the pages section and try to change it from there. I've checked "all courses", "edit course" and some others but no luck in any of them.

Please assist

Veronica
    hi, "THE BASIC STEPS THAT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW ARE"

you need to copy the translations file into a global folder, which is wp-content >> language.

note: in your case strings are coming from buddypress plugin and wplms theme. please search your string in these folders. please have a look at video for better understand.

you need to translate every string from all plugins and theme. translated them one by one. On every update local files will be affected so that you need to put these translated files into global folders. it will prevent string loss from the update.

here is how you can achieve this.

Note: in this, I am using my local test setup site language which is "Português do Brasil". you have to select your site language.

Always sync and save the pot file refer: http://prntscr.com/ng3kbk

Note: Always copy local .Po | .Mo files into the global folder. it will prevent from translation string loss while updating theme/ plugins.

How could you do this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqfQh6ZllK

In this video, 

1. i have checked the site language from wp-admin > settings > general > site language.
    2. then goto wp-admin > loco translate > theme/plugin > theme name / plugin name.
    3. Copy author file to system file.
    4. the author stands for local file and the system stands for the global file.
    5. once your done copying. from now you have to translate a string in global (system) file.

These steps should be followed for all plugins and themes in which you are making any changes.

"BUT AS YOU SAID YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE SAME!" then please provide your site admin credentials to check this out on your site.
    MonikaBrzostek
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    MonikaBrzostek
    Participant
    Veronica
    hi, for this you need to check buddypress plugin and theme. and the rest one you can directly change them from lms>>settings>>profile menu. tabs: course/commissions are coming from vibe custom type plugin and notification comes from buddypress plugin. so now make sure that you have synced the file properly, translate, save the changes.
    MonikaBrzostek
    Participant
    Veronica
    hi, please take the backup of the translation of the site. i am going to perform all the stuff from starting. once you have done please notify.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I think the pot file in 3.9.8.3 is outdated, please update vibe course module to 3.9.8.4 Or download the latest pot file from here : https://wplms.io/support/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/vibe.pot.zip , unzip to get vibe.pot
    1. replace the one at wp-content/plugins/vibe-course-module/langauges

2. Go to loco translate and sync your translation : https://prnt.sc/ruq7q2

MonikaBrzostek
    Participant
    Amazing, thank you very much Mr.Vibe. After replacing the file, I found the translations and was able to translate them. Thank you!
    Jackson
    Blocked
    thanks for confirming. topic closed.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Loco translate – unable to translate several words’ is closed to new replies.