Logged in Members get automatically logged off

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Logged in Members get automatically logged off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    patriciab
    Spectator
    Our members get randomly get logged off - automatically.  Sometimes it happens when they go back to the home page and then their student menus are no longer available because they are somehow logged off. Other times they will visit the forum only to find that the website has logged them out; they try multiple times to login and go back to the forum or the home page but then they repeatedly get automatically logged off. It doesn't happen all the time but enough that they are starting to complain about it. Thank you for your help. ~Patricia
    thexlearner
    Spectator
    Hello, I encounter the same problem , and I fix it by changing the cache plugin I use (SG cache) with WP Super cache plugin. what cache plugin you use ?
    patriciab
    Spectator
    We are using W3 Total Cache. A site has to be hosted by the Siteground in order to use the SG cache. - so won't help our site. :( Thanks though...
    thexlearner
    Spectator
    Try replacing W3 Total Cache with WP Super cache , cause the second one don't cache for logged in users , and use the advanced settings advised by the WP Super cache developer (it's listed in the plugin page) Hope this helps
    patriciab
    Spectator
    Actually...sorry we aren't using any caching plugin as VibeTheme didn't recommend using any caching plugin for now on WPLMS (just read this on the forum)- so ours is listed as a deactivated plugin - but I didn't see that till I was looking closer at the plugins - Thanks for your replies! :)
    thexlearner
    Spectator
    Welcome
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    @thexlearner : Thanks :) The login sessions are managed and controlled by WordPress, so the only possible reason for this could be third party plugins or server configuration.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Logged in Members get automatically logged off’ is closed to new replies.