Login Form not translating with LocoTranslate

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Login Form not translating with LocoTranslate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    leoduquette
    Participant
    I tried tirelessly to use LocoTranslate without success to translate the LOGIN form. I found I had to change it direclty in the PHP file, which would be in /public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/templates/login/pop_login.php
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi.. Can you also please share the global translated language file which you have used for translation.
    leoduquette
    Participant
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "global translated language file"
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    There are two language folders one is the local language folder which is present inside the theme folder and the plugins folder. These language files comes with the theme and plugin update and is also updated every time you update the theme of plugins. There is another language folder i.e. global language folder present in wp-content/lanagues folders. Inside this folder there is themes folder and plugins folder where all the translations are saved using loco translate plugin, we always recommend to save the translations in the global folder because the global translation folder is never updated and hence the translations are not lost even after updates. According to wplms code we always check the global folder first and if the string is present there then that string is reflected in the website but if the string is not present there then we checks the local folder and reflects the string present locally. And if the string is not found in any of these folders then it means the string is not translated and hence the default string used while coding is used.
    leoduquette
    Participant
    IT WORKED! Thanks. Just to clarify for other people reading this. Within your FTP copy and paste all files from: /public_html/wp-content/themes/wplms/languages to /public_html/wp-content/languages/themes
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Login Form not translating with LocoTranslate’ is closed to new replies.