Login not working properly

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Login not working properly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Hi, I've noticed that I am not able to login properly through the WPLMS login link (the pop-up from clicking the "Login" link top-right). In VibeBP settings I have these ticked: Synchronise WP with VibeBP Login Synchronise VibeBP with WP Login However, the login never completes itself properly. I don't know why. I have a plugin and some CSS that shows various pages and page elements depending on whether a user is logged in or not - but these may or may not work if I log in through the WPLMS popup link. I am also using PMPro to create membership levels - so I am no longer able to login through the WP-admin page, but it redirects the login page, orchestralwinds.com/login The PMPro login works fine - it logs in properly, and the plugin and all the elements that rely on a user being logged-in work perfectly in this case. Is there any way for me to be able to get the WPLMS login to work properly? Thanks, Drew.
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    checking on your site...
    Veronica
    This reply has been marked as private.
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Hi Veronica, I can see from the video that it is not working. After you log in, you can see the main menu has only 3 choices. These are the choices of someone who has not logged in. Also, if you scroll down, the Elementor sections are probably aligned to the right, rather than being centred on the page. Also, the footer will probably have an address only, rather than 4 columns. But if you log in at orchestralwinds.com/wp-admin it will redirect you to the PMPro login page, and that will log you in properly, I think. Please try it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We are not able to replicate any of the issues right now . Caould you please share screenshot of all the issues you are facing , which right align ? Where in the footer you are facing issues . Did you try removing widgets from footer sidebars from appearance -> widgets . Which three choices menus are you talking about ? Please elaboarate more sharing screenshot or probably a video .
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Hi Veronica, I've added screenshots below to show the differences where to WPLMS login link does not log in properly. To log in properly, I have to go to orchestralwinds.com/wp-admin - this address redirects to PMPro login page. This page logs in properly every time. The three things that show whether it is logged in properly or not are: 1. The number of main menu items (3 versus 5) 2. Elementor elements not being centred 3. Footer columns (1 versus 4) Images Logged in via WPLMS login link: https://prnt.sc/AoVAHV9FXpyN https://prnt.sc/jaQjWRJvHStA https://prnt.sc/kOpvHYNGvoYn Images Logged-In via PMPro: https://prnt.sc/DsJfgj7Rmw1s https://prnt.sc/j9LB-67nfPo1 https://prnt.sc/IQ4ytjjZqh2B Screen recording where I logged in both ways: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/c3fI2oVqPtV Sorry about the red lines going everywhere - I'm not so skilled at getting them to go where I want, but I'm sure you'll get the idea. Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well yes the wp-admin does redirected by pmpro plugin , this is done by pmpro and theme does not have any role in this . Well wplms has its own login system in vibebp different than the actual wp login system , This is done to support PWA .We use token instead of login cookie like wp .So our login is different with wp . But there is sync provided in vibebp-> settings to sync both logins . for admin you need to login from wp-admin as we do not login admin to wp-admin with vibebp login using sync in settings due to security reasons. however the sync does works for the user .Please enable vibebp to wp sync and wp to vibebp sync from wp-admin -> vibebp -> settings . for the menu change the sync needs to work , please check it from student account the menu will change . If you do not intend to use then please disable student instructor menus from wp-admin -> lms -> settings . I have checked the issue with right alignment of elements on home page , well the home page is built with elementor and its the elementor plugin which is not setting the position of home page widgets properly . It uses jquery to align the elements which is failing in your site while it works perfectly fine at all other sites . https://prnt.sc/cEjBrOxi56e7 really strange issue I would recommend you to disable all the third party plugins at once and check the issues again .
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    So, are you saying that there is already a setting in WPLMS that changes the main menu items depending on whether someone is logged in or logged out? I do already have the sync checkboxes selected, so theoretically it should be logging into Wordpress when a user logs into VibeBP? I don't think this is working that well. Something is not syncing well and I'm not sure what it is. You said to disable the student instructor menus... Is that the one labelled "Enable Student menus[ Legacy ]"? I didn't have those ones checked. The right-alignment only happens when I log in through VibeBP. If I log in through PMPro everything is aligned correctly. You mentioned deactivating plugins... I have 2 plugins that change the menus and widgets depending on whether someone is logged in or out of the site. If I disable them, then the right-alignment of Elementor still occurs. Maybe it's another plugin - I'll try deactivating others on the weekend to test this out. But it still doesn't explain why it works perfectly when I log in through PMPro. So, just to clarify, the problems from logging in through vibebp are: 1. Main menu remains the logged-out version 2. Footer widgets remain logged-out version 3. Right-alignment of elementor (only the elements shown to logged-in users) When logging in through PMPro: 1. No problems at all
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    a .menu change on login log out : yes there is setting based on user role and member type as well . You can enable this from wp-admin-> lms-> settings -> enable student and instructor menus . b. Well the sync from vibebp to wp does not works for administrator for security purposes.but this works as student , did you checked this sync working as student . Also I would recommend to enable login redirect "student login redirect" from lms -> settings . yes its this one : Enable Student menus[ Legacy ] 1,2,3 .Please follow b to eradicate these issues/
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Yes, I forgot to mention, I tried logging in with one of the student accounts. The result was the same. The login did not log in properly. I have just enabled "student login redirect" in LMS settings, and this seems to have worked. I tested this with a student account, and after logging in, it did a couple of redirects. Got there in the end. I have it just redirecting back to the same page (the home page) It would be good if I didn't have to tick a box for redirect. I'm not sure what is happening in the background (I'm not a programmer, sorry!), but it would be good if it logged in fully on its own. So, just to check... if I have user roles other than student and instructor, I will still have those redirection problems after login. If I enable the LMS Student menus, where do I create those menus? Also, I imagine [Legacy] means that the function is being phased out? Thanks for your help! Cheers
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    NO its not phased out as its a theme feature . To create student menu please goto wp-admin-> appearance > menus -> there you can create any menu and select this checkbox to make it student's top, main , or profile menu(this menu loads on app page or dashboard page of vibebp) . The redirect is necessary for the vibebp to wp sync to work coz on page load we checked if user is logged in to vibebp and is not logged into wordpress also wordpress login needs redirect as well. Therefore redirect is necessary if you want different menus .
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Login not working properly’ is closed to new replies.