Login page (site lock)

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Login page (site lock)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jgavilan
    Spectator
    Hello, We are trying that our groups of users have different Front pages. For example when our users type our site address in the browser: -If they are teenagers we would like to have as front page: www.oursite.com/teenagers -If they are adults we would like them to have as front page: www.oursite.com/adults etc. We thought we could do it creating pages and then use the template: Login page (site lock). We thought we could have various front pages just choosing that kind of template but it does not work. When we type www.oursite.com/teenagers the site goes/redirects to www.oursite.com (Please take into account that we have a locked site). It seems that, since the site is locked it redirects immediatly to the main front page. If there were exceptions to the site locking, I mean pages that are visible even if the site is locked, like ours, this could be possible. Is this possible? can we choose certain pages to be shown even if the site is locked? If not? Is there any other way to have various front pages, different depending on the user. Obviously with different names (Ej: www.oursite.com/teenagers or www.oursite.com/adults). Many thanks in advance.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Im sorry this is not available as of now in wplms as of now.
    jgavilan
    Spectator
    There is no way to make expections pages to the Site lock? Pages that can be seen public to everybody? What if we want to set up a site that has several pages to show to the public, for example, our history, or our offers before being registered? You mean that with site lock only the front page can be seen? This should be a regular feature.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    If you want to show these pages, then I'll recommend you to not use the site lock feature. Site lock in itself means that the site is locked for outside users, it can be accessible only by registered users, therefore making exceptions in this will not support the site lock feature. Therefore its not possible to make exception here. -------------------- You can simple disable site lock feature and use normal site which users can see, moreover you can create student specific menus and instructor specific menus, so that these users see different menu in the header to go to different pages and the non logged in users see different menu in header to explore the website. You can also create member specific pages by choosing the members only template in pages, so that these pages can only be accessed by registered users. For courses there are different settings in the wplms which you can use to hide information from the non logged in users such as curriculum, members, activity, etc.
    jgavilan
    Spectator
    I am trying the option you suggest. But, for instance, I chose Members access only for All Courses page and when I write the link on the browser I can see it even if I am not logged in? I shouldn't see it, right?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    All courses page is a buddypress directory page, the template is for normal pages not the buddypress pages.
    sjoerdkoolen
    Spectator
    I am looking for a similar solution. Have a look at my post. Hopefully we can help each other.. It must be possible somehow..
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well there is an option to exclude some of the pages from site lock but that is not working as of now . What is happening here that when directory page is loading wordpress global $post variable is returning some garbage value . Adding to issue log for now .we will look into this . track : https://trello.com/c/gci9LuCI
    vishal13j
    Spectator
    through site lock template , login and register is not working , only admin login working , forgot password not working for anyone, if i am enabling ajax login and register than double login form appears. please suggest asap
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Already added to issue log please check  : https://trello.com/c/6drzF9RZ This will be fixed in next update of wplms .
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Login page (site lock)’ is closed to new replies.