Lots of beginner set-up problems

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Lots of beginner set-up problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    timlarner
    Participant
    Hi. Last night I downloaded WPLMS and have spent the day watching tutorials and trying to get the theme to work. I find the theme extremely complicated to use, and most forum responses are marked as "Private" so I can't read many actual solutions. I have come from using LearnDash and wanted to try your theme after your promo videos said how easy it was to set-up. The following are problems I'm having that I haven't been able to solve from your knowledgebase, forums, or YouTube videos.
    1. I want to add a top menu like what is seen on some of your demos. Whilst I set-up the top menu correctly, the demo theme 10 doesn't seem to allow it. I tried to switch to another demo but no top menu is shown on all of them, even though your demo preview images show one.

2. The WP Bakery Visual Composer is certainly not very intuitive. On Demo 10 I want to adjust the header so that it the image is not overlaid over the menu items. I couldn't work out how to do that. I prefer a white background with the menu items above. Then the image below like what is seen in your Demo 1. Switching to Demo 1 doesn't make a difference as the Demo 10 overlay is still active.

3. How do you change the main menu colors? They are white, and if I manage to get them on the white background as I want in (2), then I need to change their color. Unsure how to do that.

4. The courses in the course grid with WP Bakery shows a nice drop shadow under them when you move your mouse over them. With just your standard Page Builder though and the generated shortcodes, this doesn't show. How do I get it to show?

5. In the header I can add the Main Menu, but I can't see where you added the Search, Profile Name, and shopping basket. Where do I control them?

To be honest, I'm very disappointed with this theme so far after it's promoted in the promo videos as being so easy to set-up and manage in just a few clicks. I would prefer a refund, but am happy to at least try to solve my problems here first.

Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Sure we would like to help you out with all your problems  .   1 . Well the top menu is not available in all header styles .There are only some of the header styles in which its available . these are default , generic , standard, standard centred . You can choose default header to begin . to change header goto wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> header -> header style .   2 . this problem will be solved when you will change your header style .On demo we are using transparent header which is shown above the page content . 3 . please goto wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> header and try to change the header fixed text color and other color settings : http://prntscr.com/l9xl83      4 . please try adding this custom css in your wp-admin -> appearance -> customize -> custom css : .block:hover { -webkit-transform: perspective(400px) translateY(-2px); transform: perspective(400px) translateY(-2px); -webkit-box-shadow: 0 8px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.2); box-shadow: 0 8px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.2); } .block{ transition: all .5s; } 5 . well control for them is not provided .This is still needed to be added as of now in wplms .right now it is controlled by changing the header style or hide some items using custom css .
    timlarner
    Participant
    Thank you for your advice. I'm starting to get the hang of the theme.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Lots of beginner set-up problems’ is closed to new replies.